Vicky (nitro Victoria)

AnitaVA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is never long enough, to say goodbye or to have them. Run free sweet Vicky. You are so loved.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful sweet Vicky. :grouphug Godspeed, precious girl... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

I'm crying with you as I read about the loss of your beautiful girl. May God bless you and dry your tears. Please take comfort in knowing that Vicky had a wonderful life with you.

Guest jettcricket

....What a beautiful girl she was and still is now with her angel wings. I'm so sorry....my heart aches with you. :grouphug:f_red

Guest GiJenn51

I'm sorry you only got two weeks, but they must've been a wonderful two weeks...

Run free of pain sweet Vicky! :bighug

Guest rsqdogsmom

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

You had a rare gift given to you that many of us never get: advance warning and time to say goodbye.

Even though the time was short, how precious those memories will always be.

Take comfort in the knowledge that Vicky is running free and waiting for you at the Bridge.

I am so very sorry. :( My sympathy and prayers. Run fast and free and forever young beautiful Miss Vicky. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest VelvetEars

There is never enough time to say goodbye. Take comfort in knowing that you were able to be with her as she crossed over, and she slipped away surrounded by love.

Her footprints mark your heart.

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Vicky. It's always hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. Vicky was lucky to have had your love, and you are lucky because you have the memories. May they bring you peace and ease the pain in your heart.

Run free, sweet Vicky.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet, beautiful Miss Vicky. Take comfort in knowing she is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I hate cancer and what it has stolen from us.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone.

Even though I had the diagnosis for two weeks, what happened yesterday was really unexpected. Other than the slight limp, Vicky was doing fine. She was her usual self, eating like a horse, etc. I had made an appt at the vets because I thought maybe she needed something stronger than Rimadyl. Mostly I just wanted to check in, have him look at her, etc. I took all 3 dogs out for a quick potty walk before we needed to leave, and Vicky slipped as we were coming back in the house. As soon as I saw her hind leg dangling I knew the worst had happened. My vet even said he did not expect to see us back so soon, and certainly not under such dire circumstances.

Vicky was a funny, quirky girl. She loved to play bow, and then she'd spin in a circle and lay down to be petted. She wouldn't play with toys in front of me, although every once in a while I'd hear her squeaking on one in the other room. She'd stop if I looked in though. She wasn't a cuddly dog, but she loved attention. She was a bit of an actress and would turn on the soulful "woe is me" eyes if she wasn't being pettted. The worst trouble she ever got into was shredding a roll of paper towels.

She was very shy when I first got her and came out of her shell slowly over the years. I think she really enjoyed the past two years with Jake & Casey - they are both playful and loving, and non-threatening (not bossy, no space aggression, etc.). The three of them just got along perfectly. Since we moved to NC in January, she seemed to be getting younger rather than older. She'd even run around the backyard like a crazy dog.

The thing I will miss the most is how happy she always was to see me. When I came home from school Tuesday night she was dancing around like I'd been gone forever. The other two are happy to see me but it's not quite the same - more like "Welcome home, did you bring us any food?" :lol

Vicky would always look at me with such love in her eyes - the kind of love that takes 10 years to grow. She was so scared after she fell - I'm so glad I was home so I could get her help right away. I was there for her when she needed me most of all. :heart

I'm sorry. :cry1:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:( Very sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. f_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.