Gino's Goodbye...

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Tomorrow, it will be one month since I lost my best friend, my soulmate, my son, my heartdog. The pain hasn't lessened. I still think about it and feel shock, anger, sadness, frustration, and loneliness. I still would trade anything to be with him right now or to have him back here with me. I've said this to a couple people and I still mean it now: what kills me the most about Gino's passing is that his heaven doesn't include me. I'm left out. But I was lucky enough to have been a part of his life for over 4 years.

This is to honor and remember you, Gino Wolfgang. I waited for you for most of my life so, now that you've gone onto the next life, I will wait to join you then. I won't feel whole again until I do but rest assured, me and your brother will get by. He misses you and so do I. The tears don't stop -- they never will -- but all the times you made me smile will always trump the tears. You were my world and you still are.

I :heart you, Gino, always and forever. Please don't forget about us.

Love,

Mommy and Speck

resizeddogdaze007.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

ginospeckposing.jpg

ginoposter.jpg

CRW_1431_JFR.jpg

resizedsundaypics029.jpg

weekendpics023.jpg

angelginowings2.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsqdogsmom

:(

My sympathy to you, Chrissy.

I do know what you mean.

It is just so hard to go on without them.:(

Edited by rsqdogsmom

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

WE cry with you Chrissy :(

In each and every photo you can just see the love and joy in Gino's eyes. He's watching over you and Speck

:bighug :bighug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest guinness_the_greyt

:grouphug

The pain will get better.... I never believed people when they told me that. I thought there was no way they could even begin to know or understand the depth of pain I felt at losing my best friend. But amazingly it does lessen.

Its been a year and 5 months since I felt what you are feeling right now... And I am so sorry you have to go through this. I never want to feel that way again. I'm so sorry.

:grouphug Hugs to you and the Speckster.

Amanda

Guest PhillyPups

Chrissy,

I know we talked about this, the pain does not ever go away, same as the intensity of our love for our furkids stays forever. I thank Runner and SugarBeaer same as you will Geno for the lessons learned, and it is in their honor that I do what I do for the greyhounds.

I wish I could tell you the tears stop, but you see/saw me when I talk of Runner of The Divine Ms. SugarBear, the love for our current hounds is only amplifed by the love of our bridgekids.

Geno - give Runner and The Divine Ms. SugarBear (I know she has spotted your handsomeness and claimed you as hers) my love.

Chrissy - huggs to you

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Gino is certainly an angel......he is shining brightly at the bridge....and waiting too for his bestest friend....

I am sorry for your pain....please know it does get better in time.....

Gino will never forget his family...his love...his life...his soulmates. He watches from above and waits patiently. :gh_run2:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greysonly

:grouphug The pain does get better with time. I didn't believe it either. It will be a year next month that I lost my Vinnie. I still cry about him. But not everyday like I did in the beginning. Now I can look at his picture and smile instead of cry.

You will be with him again someday. But until then he is your guardian angel. :angelwings

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Chrissy, I know you will understand when I say I just can't respond to this except to say I know how you are feeling, I totally understand, I love you and I am here.

I'm so sorry, I just can't say more right now.... :crying

:cry1:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Chrissy & Speck - just keep remembering how fun Gino was - that will help eventually.

And - on a lighter note - I certainly hope Angel Gino has MORE TOYS at the bridge than he has in the first picture!!! Poor deprived boy.....

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest jettcricket

They affect our lives in such a profound way....they are truly incredibly, amazing special creatures. Unconditional love and total forgiveness...we sure could learn a lot from them. I wish you peace, happiness and healing. Since Gino's passing I make more of a point to love my hounds and give them as much attention as possible because you just never know when they will leave us..... :brokenheart

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." ----Irving Townsend.

Edited by jettcricket