Duke.............

Guest mummytogreys

Guest mummytogreys

For those who already know thank you for your comforting words, and especially Angie (mommydog), Clyde received his treats in the post today and say's thank you,

for those who dont know the vet came to our house on monday to free Duke of his pain forever, it was not a paticuly easy crossing as Duke is so petrified of vets and seditives had to be used and i was devestated that in the end Duke didnt even know i was there......

he would of been 6 in June, he had OS, he had lived with us for a short 3 1/2 years.......

this is the first time i've been able to write about Duke and even look at his photos since monday but i wanted to share with you all and celebrate the short life that he did have,

i had a dream on monday night that i was running down a lush green country lane calling out Dukey Dukey and i came to a big hill and the other side of the hill was a massive lake with water streching as far as the eye could see, the other side of this lake was hills and fields and trees and medows and i knew Duke was there but i couldnt find a way to get accross the water, i was looking for something and couldnt find it and i was paniced by this, it was only when i woke up i realised that during my whole dream i had infact been looking for a bridge to cross to be with my sweet boy,

he was such a funny boy, and really vocal too, i miss our little chats, i miss being knocked over when i get in from work, i miss our moring kiss's and our late night snuggles, i miss the look he would give me when i was hugging him to tightly and wouldnt let go, he had such a bashful nature...................... the house feels so empty............

i'm so sad that he wont be here for the long summers evening walks, he was my companion and my friend and i loved him more than words and miss him dearly...............

i have wanted to share some of my favourite photos of him since monday but every time i have tried to look at them a pain has ripped through my heart, today it feels a little easier,

pic06.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic08.jpg

pic07.jpg

pic05.jpg

Pic04.jpg

pic03.jpg

Pic02.jpg

pic01.jpg

Matrex Duke June 2000 to 8th May 2006

:gh_runner

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OnecoRose

He is beautiful, and my heart aches for you. I lost my lst girl to osteo. Good speed Duke, and run free sweet little man. :f_white:f_white:f_white:f_white

I am so sorry for your loss. I followed yours and Duke's story on CoG. Duke, even though he was sedated I believe knew you were there for him in the end. I lost my heart dog, Devotion, to Osteo in July of 05. It still haunts me. I miss him daily, but now I smile with the memories although somedays still bring tears. I too felt robbed, because Devotion was so young just like Duke. Still, I wouldn't have traded anything to have had him pick me for his family. They leave a huge pawprint on our heart. Duke will never be far from you because his forever home is in your heart. Rest now, and know Duke knew you were there for him and he felt love. I still dream about Devotion and sometimes I wish I could stay in the dream. They would want us to give love to more greys, that is why I continue to have them because of my first love, Devotion. We send hugs to you all. Run pain free Duke and run a lap with Devotion.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest greysrun

Oh what a hansome boy! I am so sorry. He was lucky to have such a loving home - you can see it in the pics - just a little spoiled I would think. :wub:

It's such a tough deal we make with them. They bring us sooooo much. If we are lucky we are able to give just a bit of it back. Someday comes the time when we must live with them only in our hearts. And yet, in the end, I think we are the ones who get the much better end of that deal because of what they bring to our lives for the far too short time they are here.

Hugs to you and all your family - furry and otherwise. :grouphug

Sending many hugs to you. :grouphug I feel your pain and acute sense of loss of your baby boy. :brokenheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

In those pictures, he looks so content, so *loved*.

I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for your loss. Though his time with your was short, he knew he was well loved. No matter how long they stay it is never long enough.

We all share your sorrow. Take comfort in knowing he is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Duke. Your beautiful boy is free of pain, fear, and everything but your love. Hold his memory close to your heart. Someday, hopefully soon, it will bring you comfort and joy, as he did when he was with you in the fur.

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I'm sorry for your loss and that OS has taken yet another life. It is a horrible disease and hopefully someday a cure will be found. :f_white Run free without pain, sweet Duke.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)