Susie

Bill419

Irene and Bill, my heart goes out to you both this evening. We were all blessed to know about Susie, but I know you were blessed most of all to share a long 14 1/2 months with her. You gave her just want she needed - a loving home and family.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BleusysMom

Susie stole All of Our Hearts....and most of us only read about that Spunky Lady through your words---words written with LOVE....

Susie opened the doors of Wonderful Seniors for You Both, and You Both opened your Hearts to Sweet Susie....

Susie's Bright New Star will always shine down on You....showing her LOVE for HER FAMILY.....

I am so sorry Bill, Susie was such a wonderful character and she was living proof of what a little (or a lot) of love can do. Bless you for being there for her when she needed you most.

:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I am so sorry. :f_red You did such a good job taking care of Susie - you gave her a wonderful quality of life. Thank you.

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

I'm so sorry!!! :sad1

bless you for taking this girl in and making her last days so special -- she knows that :)

:bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am sorry. It's wonderful that you were there for her when she needed a new home, and even better that she was able to stay with you longer than you hoped. :grouphug :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest wmlcml6

Susie staying around as long as she did is a testament to the care and love you gave her. You must be a special guy. Rest in peace, Susie.

I am so sorry to read this. Bill you know you gave Susie such a wonderful life and I thank you and your family for taking her in even though she had health issues. It was obvious that she was so adored and pampered but most of all she was truly HAPPY in your home. So it looks like the heavens and another angel and she was needed to do other work.

Susie we will all miss you. Such special and beautiful girl who made us all smile. Rest in peace pretty girl.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest littlemouse1958
:f_whitef_yellow:f_whitef_yellow:f_whitef_yellow:f_white Oh Susie, you were so lucky to find your forever family even if it was only for a short while. Better short than not at all. I'm so sorry for your loss Bill.

Guest PeteysMom

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for making the last months of her time here happy ones and for sharing them with us.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

I am so sorry for your loss. :heart Susie was a special girl who had the best life, once she came to you, that any hound could ask for. How lucky you both were to share in her journey and vice versa.

:grouphug Im so sorry... My thoughts and prayers are with you

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest TBSFlame

Bill, I am so sorry for your loss. I am also so glad I got to meet her at Sandy Paws. My thoughts are with you today.

Guest Gratefulgrey

Bill and Irene

So sorry to hear about Susie I remember when you stepped up and said that you wanted to adopt Susie. The gur was set and Susie had the best care and love. Living her new life in Sunny South Fl. in her forever home. Susie will be missed!

:f_white:f_white:f_pink:f_white:angelwings:gh_run2

Edited by Gratefulgrey

Guest how888

I loved reading about Suzie and was so heartbroken to see this tonight. Another new star shines in our beatuiful Heavens. You were so loved Suzie, send those signs and run free forever.You left paw prints on all of our hearts. :f_pink:f_pink:gh_lay