Susie

Bill419

Susie's body just wore out. Recently Susie has been getting weaker. This morning she couldn't get up at all. Susie was telling us she was ready to cross the bridge. We took her to the vet and together decided it was time.

We first heard about Susie on Greytalk. She was posted as a petite bounce who was almost 14 years old. When we spoke to GPA/ Orlando we found out that she had kidney disease. We decided to adopt her anyway. We wanted to make her last days as comfortable and loving as possible. We hoped that she would be with us for at least 6 months. We spoiled her so bad and gave her so much love that she stayed with us for 14 1/2 months. I'm going to miss my little chatterer.

SUSIE I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER. I ALREADY MISS YOU AND IT'S ONLY BEEN 1 HOUR.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Baloos_Mom

Bill,

I am so sorry. What a lucky girl Susie was to have you guys find her. I know she gave a lot to you too but she definitely hit the jackpot! :grouphug

Thank you for making her last months here special. :angelwings

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Oh Bill and Irene, my heart is breaking for you right now. God bless you both for taking Susie into your home. You gave her the most wonderful 14 1/2 months she could have wanted. You are two very special people. Hugs to you both. :grouphug She wears angel wings tonight. Godspeed sweet Susie. You were loved so very much. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh no, I'm so very sorry. Everyone on GT knows how much Miss Susie was spoiled and loved :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Billy_thundersmom

Oh Bill, I am so sorry for your loss. Lucky, lucky Susie to have spent her last days with such a warm loving and caring family. :f_pink

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 Susie was blessed to share your home and hearts, as were you. She showed you how awesome seniors are... and will probably send another special angel your way. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Susie...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry! Comfort yourself with the joy and love you brought to your Susie. No dog could have gone to the bridge with more love.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

How wonderful her last 14 1/2 months were! It's never enough time, though, is it?

My most heartfelt condolences.

Run free, sweet Susie...

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest Gogh4It

:f_red:f_pink:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:f_pink:f_red

I am so very sorry about this...I know you both loved her so much...you made your home heaven for her & she is eternally grateful. I was so looking forward to meeting that spunky little princess. I can't wait to sit down with you both & share stories & pictures of her. I know your hearts are breaking...we all know how much you love her.

If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to let me know.

Hilda

Guest hannahmom

Bless you both for making her last years so wonderful.

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your frind, but she left you knowing she was loved.

Goodspeed Susie

My sympathies to you and your family.

Godspeed sweet girl.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest Jengonetothedogs

Bill & Irene, Susie has been one of the greyt joys of Greytalk. She will be sorely missed. And what a blessing for you and for her that you could spend her last 14 months together. Still my favorite Susie pic, Susie trancing under the tangerine tree:

Guest greysrun

Oh, bless you for giving her such beautiful last days! Our heart goes out to you and your family. May all those seniors needing a soft place to lay their heads find such fine folks as Susie did.

:grouphug

Susie's Poem

When I was a pup I loved to run with my siblings.

We played and raced each other around the farm.

Then the people taught me how to run in a circle

and so I did, and I was good, and I was fast.

And then I raced, and I was strong and I was

good and healthy, and oh how I loved to run.

And then suddenly I didn’t run anymore because

my new person was elderly and frail; we watched

a lot of TV.

Then there were more people who didn’t really want me,

but then I went to my last family.

There were two younger dogs there and I liked

watching them play.

The people were good to me, too. They hugged and

kissed me and called me a good girl, even when I woke

them up in the middle of the night.

And I ran then on the days I felt good. Not like before,

but it was good to run because I remembered the old days.

And finally it was time to go and I was sad because I

wouldn’t run anymore.

But I was surprised to find that once I slipped out of my

old body, I could run fast again, fast like the wind, fast

as a thought.

One windy day when a gust of air roars in your ears,

call my name - it just might be me running by, racing the wind.

Susie's poem is beautiful. I know it will be her running by. It sounds like you were all a blessing to each other. God Speed Susie, run fast and free.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge