Jaded Thunder, Feb 1997- May 10, 2006

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Guest Billy_thundersmom

In the end, all I could give him was a release from all the pain. Thunder was helped to the bridge this morning after it was determined that the cancer had spread to his lungs. Stoic and brave to the end, he left us with the same dignity he lived his life with.

We got a special delivery this morning of Burpdogs, a gift from Tricolorhounds (thank you so much, Lynnet), he'd never had them before and we took them all to the vets with us. He snacked away while we determinded what was best for him.

I got a lot of comfort over the past two years from my Thundy, looking into those big brown eyes never failed to give me a measure of peace, it was time for me to see what he was telling me.

There are so many things I wish I could tell you all about Thun thun but my heart is just broken. I want to thank GT for being an amazing support system through this ruthless time, I am not sure how I would have gotten through without all my dear friends here. I think the worst might be to come, but at least I know Thun is painfree and probably having a burpdog with King Gino and Miss Nellie right now. I am going to hold on to that image for a while, I think.

Here are a few shots of my lost boy.

screamingmonkey.jpg

newsite4793.jpg

snowflakethunder.jpg

thunderblanket.jpg

Goodnight, friend, thank you for being the Dragonslayer. We will always love you and think of you!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Panda

Thundy was truly a very special dog, one of the sweetest I've had the privilege of meeting. He had that special knack of drawing people to him and making them love him.

He will be very sadly missed. My heart goes out to you Trish and your family, and if I can be there in any way for you, please let me know.

Run free, sweet boy. :cry1

I am so sorry!

My heart sank when I saw this today. :( It's always too soon.

Farewell Thunder. You are loved!!!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest PhillyPups

Trish, I am truly sorry for your loss to the horrible disease, and I know there are no words.

Run with the Wind Thunder, you are up there with some of the best.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I had just been thinking about Thunder this morning and was going send you a PM. :weep

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Godspeed Thunder the Dragonslayer! You will be missed by many.

Oh, I am so sad to read this. Sweet Thunder is an angel now. Take comfort in knowing he is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. We all share your sorrow.

I hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious boy. I am crying with you as I read his story and look at his pictures.

May God bless you and heal your broken heart.