Remembering Chester -- Our Yellow Lab

RaineysMom

You came into my life as a 8-week old bundle of soft yellow fur, my first dog -- full of energy and mischief. When you weren’t eating the shoelaces off my shoes (while I were still wearing them) or finding some other way to get into trouble, you were growing up to be our sweet Cheddar Bear. Remember when I taught you how to go down the stairs? One at a time, with Snausages on each step to entice you down. :)

You grew up to be the best and sweetest dog in the whole world. You didn’t have a mean bone in your body and never once even so much as growled. You simply loved everybody and everything.

You met your little brother Captain when you were 5, and even though you were 4 times his size you always let him win your (many) wresting matches. You two became instant best buddies and were inseparable. You didn’t care that this little guy became the ‘boss’, you were just happy to be with us and him.

You were a natural bird hunter and made us very proud so many times over it’s too many to count. You sure loved to go out and find those birdies, didn’t you! When Remington came into your life at 9, you realized soon you’d have to pass the birdie ‘torch’ on to him and did it happily.

Your most favorite thing in the whole world (other than eating) was to play ball. You would play for hours on end, never tiring of running and fetching. You could catch that tennis ball on the bounce so high up we nicknamed you ‘Air Chester’! No other dog could or will ever be as good at ball as you. We hope you are teaching Remington to finally learn how to catch that darn thing!

Old age finally caught up and got the best of you. You went from 92 pounds to 62 pounds as the years withered your hips and legs down to nothing. When you stopped being able to climb the stairs Daddy carried you where ever you needed to go. When you finally stopped being able to even stand, you looked at us and told us it was time for you to go over the Rainbow Bridge and see Remington again.

We love you so very, very much, sweet Chester. NO one will EVER be able to take your place. God broke the mold

when He made you.

Captain lay at your side, as we did, the whole time while the nice lady vet gave you a shot to make you go to sleep, one last time. I know you knew we were there and took comfort from it. Captain missed you so much, he kept looking and looking for you, hoping you’d be around the next corner. We told him he would see you and Remington someday so he shouldn’t be so sad. We didn't know he had something very bad in his head, a tumor that he fought so bravely so his best buddy Chester wouldn't worry about him -- and that he'd be joining you just 5 weeks later.

We know you are now romping and playing and hunting with Remington and your best bud Captain and all the other doggies and kitties and other sweet pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge before you. Your legs are healthy and strong again, never to hurt or fail you again.

We look forward to the day when we all can be together once again and be a family once more. Daddy and I miss you so much, sweet Cheddar Bear. We know that when we do finally see you again you, Captain and Remington will greet us on the Bridge with your tennis ball in your mouth, ready to play and play and play….until that day, know that you will always be in our hearts, forever and ever.

if you can, take a break from your ball playing this evening and look down to where your mom and dad (and new greyhound brother and sister you would have LOVED to have met!!!) -- you'll see a bright light -- a candle that will be lit for our sweet Chester :angel

We love you, Chester :)

Mom and Dad

P1090010.jpg

IM000199.jpg

IM000212.jpg

IM000196.jpg

IM000203.jpg

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

what a nice tribute to remember your sweet Chester. he was a beauty.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

What a precious...beautiful boy. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest tygar

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Chester... he reminds me so much of my Shuby - and I miss her so much, it hurts! :(

Guest how888

What a beautiful tribute. May those memories comfort you for years to come. Just know they are only a rainbow away and we will all get to be with our angels once again someday. :grouphug

Guest jeannejj

I'm so sorry for your loss of Chester. It's always hard to lose a beloved friend. In time, may the joy of your memories replace the pain in your heart.

Run free, sweet Chester.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow