With Love For All Who Have Lost

Forevermybabies

I can't bring myself to post to every person who's gone through the loss of a hound. So this is for everyone - if you're suffering now, or have lost a dog long ago...

Mindful of you the sodden earth in spring,

And all the flowers that in the springtime grow,

And dusty roads, and thistles, and the slow

Rising of the round moon, all throats that sing

The summer through, and each departing wing,

And all the nests that the bared branches show,

And all winds that in any weather blow,

And all the storms that the four seasons bring.

You go no more on your exultant feet

Up paths that only mist and morning knew,

Or watch the wind, or listen to the beat

Of a bird's wings too high in air to view,--

But you were something more than young and sweet

And fair,--and the long year remembers you.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Thank you...

Kelly and the boys

Andy (Full Details), Savage (SanTan SavageTry), Tag (C Ya Tag Heuer), Hamlet (Huntington's Monarch Hamlet),

and Cleopatra (Huntington's Cleopatra)

Never forgotten & Always in my heart, Shawn (Call Me Gone) 02/09/99 - 03/23/06

and Josh (Great Contender*) 01/11/98 - 11/29/07

6be773b747390028badb20f184e30be3.jpg

"The long year does remember you"...indeed.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Thank you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest 4baddogs

I never, ever came into this part of greytalk because I found it too difficult to deal with.

Then Shazam left and I wanted to post on her thread so I started reading and crying and posting.

And then Flash died and so did a part of me. And now I find myself in here all the time and I sometimes wonder why I keep doing this to myself and I can't force myself to leave. But it's because there are so many of us who are in the same place who need the same kind of people. And it's because of threads like this, where a simple little poem can mean so much and can make a small difference if only for a while.

So thank you for helping if only for a little bit.

Guest Gogh4It
I never, ever came into this part of greytalk because I found it too difficult to deal with.

Then Shazam left and I wanted to post on her thread so I started reading and crying and posting.

And then Flash died and so did a part of me. And now I find myself in here all the time and I sometimes wonder why I keep doing this to myself and I can't force myself to leave. But it's because there are so many of us who are in the same place who need the same kind of people. And it's because of threads like this, where a simple little poem can mean so much and can make a small difference if only for a while.

So thank you for helping if only for a little bit.

Hi...since signing on to Greytalk, I haven't lost any of my own greys...but before that, I lost 3 in a matter of 6 months, cancer...spider bite & a heart attack...I have greyhound friends to turn to but you know how it is...in person you can't really express yourself & on Greytalk you can. And then like you said, someone post a poem that says everything you're feeling.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Thank you. I remember you posted that a long time ago and I have a copy of it in with Iberia's things. I have been missing him an extra amount lately and then there is the poem again... They never really leave us, do they?

Guest DeVon

That was beautiful. I only wish I had this forum when I lost my heart grey Bart, but I was fortunate in knowing a few greyhound lovers via the internet, they understood my pain, and were there for me. I too have been overwhelmed lately, and have found it impossible to respond to each individual loss. My heart aches for each and every family who have lost a beloved companion (all animals included). That being said, I wouldn't trade the price of the pain for never having known the love of such a special animal. God bless all of you who are hurting :candle:grouphug

Edited by DeVon