My Heart Boy, Tex

Guest multiplicity

Guest greyt_parents

:cry1:cry1:cry1

Today is one of the saddest anniversary I've had to observe. I cannot believe it has been 1 year already...the sadness has not subsided much. I cry for him more often than I don't. I call one of my boys that I have now Tex quite often and then will tear up when I catch my mistake. I miss him as much as I did the day he had to leave me, one year ago today.

As I have met more grey parents and read more on GT and other boards I have grown to suspect that Tex was misdiagnosed and for this I feel so guilty. I often feel that I failed him. Tex was my first grey and I trusted that the vets knew what they were doing. I know that we will never know if he was misdiagnosed and I do not lay blame on the vets...I do however blame myself for not researching more.

Tex was my heart boy and I was his heart momma. He did not get outta bed until I got out of bed, he did not want to go for a walk with DH if I was home but not joining them. DH use to try to tempt Tex to eat by adding yummy yogurt and cheese but he did not eat his supper until I came home from work even if I was working the late shift. DH used to get hurt feeling b/c Tex turn around and walk away after greeting DH at the door if I weren't with him.

I love my boys Chevy, Devin and Murphy, and they have filled my heart when I thought it was never possible but there is still one small break that no one could ever fix...

Momma misses you Co-co Beans...I love you Beaner, Beaner...I am sending you ear scritches and hugs today and everyday.

I know your pain. I feel the same about my baby boy, Wells who's been gone now for over a year. :cry1:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

It sounds like you and Tex had such an amazing love. Having that one heart-dog is something that certainly can't be taken for granted. You were SO LUCKY to have a dog that you shared so much of your heart and soul with. I've been told some people never get "that one". We've had ours and lost her, and it is terribly devastating.

I hope there's a special place for those dogs that were more human than animal, and that they share their time basking in the sun, or running, or whatever it is they like to do during the day, and they think of their loved ones they left behind. I know my girl has not yet been off my mind, if even for one hour.

I hope you're doing well, Tex. :wub:

I know. :( Sending prayers for peace and wonderful memories. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hugs to you today, Sheri. :grouphug The smiles and tears that come when we think of our precious babes are bittersweet, aren't they? We treasure every moment we had with them, and despair at those spent and to be spent apart. :cry1

But he's waiting for you, playing and running with his friends at the bridge. I know he is watching you - you know, those moments when you catch a movement of fur out of the corner of your eye, movement where no one stands when you look closely, and when you hear the little noises, the barks or whines, the jingle of his tags, that were uniquely his, yep, he's there...give him a kiss from me. :kiss2

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest greyt_parents

Today is one of the saddest anniversary I've had to observe. I cannot believe it has been 1 year already...the sadness has not subsided much. I cry for him more often than I don't. I call one of my boys that I have now Tex quite often and then will tear up when I catch my mistake. I miss him as much as I did the day he had to leave me, one year ago today.

As I have met more grey parents and read more on GT and other boards I have grown to suspect that Tex was misdiagnosed and for this I feel so guilty. I often feel that I failed him. Tex was my first grey and I trusted that the vets knew what they were doing. I know that we will never know if he was misdiagnosed and I do not lay blame on the vets...I do however blame myself for not researching more.

Tex was my heart boy and I was his heart momma. He did not get outta bed until I got out of bed, he did not want to go for a walk with DH if I was home but not joining them. DH use to try to tempt Tex to eat by adding yummy yogurt and cheese but he did not eat his supper until I came home from work even if I was working the late shift. DH used to get hurt feeling b/c Tex turn around and walk away after greeting DH at the door if I weren't with him.

I love my boys Chevy, Devin and Murphy, and they have filled my heart when I thought it was never possible but there is still one small break that no one could ever fix...

Momma misses you Co-co Beans...I love you Beaner, Beaner...I am sending you ear scritches and hugs today and everyday.

Today I went to the ball park where he left me. I went there at the exact time that he passed away last year (right by my side). There's now locks on the gates...I jumped the fence and went to sit where I last pet my boy while we were both together here on this earth. I cried like it was happening all over again. :(

Thanks for all your kind words here on GT. Many people out there do not understand the concept of a heart dog.

Guest how888

I know, I just want you to know we are all here for support. May your good memories comfort you in time. It is so very hard.It's been 2 years since Howie passed and there isn't a day that goes by I don't think of him. :bighug:bighug

I understand that searing pain....I am so sorry. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg