Gt Support Status Expiring

Jeff

This was posted in the GT Support forum on 13 July 2004:

First of all, thank you to all of you. The GT Support/donations program has been exceptional. We have managed to meet all of our operating costs and even purchase new software and features. Things such as the chat room, member photo gallery, review site, help desk, and many server updates have all come from donations.

We have been able to reduce our operating costs significantly by working with our host ev1servers.net, they have alleviated us of over $120 in monthly leasing fees.

At present I only need to keep up with annual software registrations, domain name registrations, and any consultancy fees we incur.

We will still be accepting donations, but they are not critical at this point. I have lots of plans for the future of Greytalk, and we will hopefully be seeing a large upgrade to the forum within the next month or two. We will also be continuously upgrading our server software to maintain and/or increase its capacity to serve our needs and bring you increased performance and features.

In my appreciation I have just extended all GT Support account expirations to 15 April 2006, well beyond our standard 1 year allowance. This extension has been grandfathered to all past and present accounts. This includes all current GT Support benefits and a few others that will appear once we upgrade the forum.

Be sure to click this link Check your Status to insure your account has been updated.

Thanks again!

Jeff

In January of 2005 we moved from EV1 (donated) to a dedicated server as many of you know. With that the monthly fees started up again, along with the initial output for the new server and setup, and for the first time we have started letting donations expire. A very large amount expired yesterday 15 April. Basically all donations made prior to 13 July 2004, but as you can see we did give you know 18 months advance notice. An email was sent automatically a few days ago letting you know that a donation was expiring, and that you "may" have others still active. Many mail spam filters catch those emails, so you may not have actually read it. Our new server was several thousand dollars, along with setup and monthly fees. We are still in the green, but let donations expire to ensure we stay there and remain a viable solution for a long time to come. :)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pookie

Hmmm I didn't get an email but I get PM emails. Oh well, I'll be reupping again tomorrow :) Thanks for all of your hard work to keep this running for us :thumbs-up

Edited by Pookie

No email here either (not even in my spam thingy) but I've looked to see when my subs expire and made a note accordingly in my diary :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

...An email was sent automatically a few days ago letting you know that a donation was expiring, and that you "may" have others still active. Many mail spam filters catch those emails, so you may not have actually read it. ...

I did not receive that email you mention and I do not have a spam filter thus had the email been sent there's no reason I would not have received it. I find it amusing that you did not post this topic BEFORE the expiration date to give everyone who was a GT Supporter a friendly reminder instead of relying on an email service that obviously did not work and then posting this topic AFTER the expiration date.

Edited: I just made my donation, funny how that automatic email confirmation came through without a problem.

I also don't get why some people's member number has been lowered ... guess it's a status thing.

Edited by SarahMarie

Guest lotsahounds

I didn't get an email either but noticed when I logged in this morning something was wrong so I kinda freaked out until I figured out the problem! :huh2

Guest sheila
but let donations expire to ensure we stay there and remain a viable solution for a long time to come. :)

I'm assuming you meant to add a 'DON'T' to this sentence???

...An email was sent automatically a few days ago letting you know that a donation was expiring, and that you "may" have others still active. Many mail spam filters catch those emails, so you may not have actually read it. ...

I did not receive that email you mention and I do not have a spam filter thus had the email been sent there's no reason I would not have received it. I find it amusing that you did not post this topic BEFORE the expiration date to give everyone who was a GT Supporter a friendly reminder instead of relying on an email service that obviously did not work and then posting this topic AFTER the expiration date.

Edited: I just made my donation, funny how that automatic email confirmation came through without a problem.

I also don't get why some people's member number has been lowered ... guess it's a status thing.

You never cease to amaze me, and why you still frequent GT is surprising as well. It is easy to see why admins of other forums have given you the boot. I think the best thing to do would be to refund your donation (like I did last time when you complained) and just remove your access. I'm so glad you can read and see that the topic was posted a FULL 18 MONTHS before the expiration date. If you read your last confirmation email, that out of the goodness of my heart, I left you a supporter EVEN AFTER refunding your donation after getting tired of hearing you bitch... that email, it contained a link for where you could check the status of your donations, from years ago that I kept active, and you could have seen the expiration date. You could have checked that 10 times a day if you would have liked. I'm pretty much done with dealing with you Sarah, we already had to remove your REPORT POST ability because of the problems you try to start with other members. I will not be continuing this. The next time, you will see the door.

If you had a clue how email and spam filters and headers work, I might try explaining the auto responder issue, but I’ll save my breath.

Thank you to all who have renewed over the last 3 days. I am fully caught up now. It came as a bad time as I am away on vacation and without a reliable internet connection.

We moved the donation system into our support ticket system to help keep things moving along while I am away. Tomorrow we will be out most of the day. All donations are entered manually, so there will be some expected delay in processing, but I plan to be caught up again tomorrow evening before I get to nap ;)

We love you Jeff!

Yes, yes we do! ;)

c1411081.gif:lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest onekadee

I love this site!! I've had no access to it for a few months waiting for our internet to get fixed right and it gets blocked on the school computers.

It is my contact with other greyhound families and is often support or helpful.

I am curious what a average donation is? I feel like I am being cheap even though it's amount is because of my income.

THANK YOU !!!

I am curious what a average donation is? I feel like I am being cheap even though it's amount is because of my income.

Average donation hovers around the annual cost of a top shelf magazine subscription, and yours is in that area. We have had donations from a few dollars to a few hundred and appreciate them all. We don’t set a mandatory donation amount (which means we can not automate updating accounts) because we understand people have different financial situations, buffers and comfort levels.