Flash

Guest 4baddogs

Guest 4baddogs

Flash

4/18/94 - 3/31/06

race name: Hey Boy Colin

My dear Flashy, we don't even know where to begin. You were the big man of our gang with the biggest heart and the sweetest disposition. You outweighed your sisters and brother by at least 25 pounds, but you let everyone boss you around and let them go ahead of you for everything.

We first read about you in the Going Home Greyhounds newsletter in early fall 1999. You had been returned twice by families with small children. For some strange reasons you were peeing on the kids, their toys and their beds! Because of this, nobody would take you and you were going to be the very first unadoptable grey for GHG so they put out a plea for you. We have no kids and jumped at the chance to bring you into our home. From the time you walked through the door and into our lives, you were the perfect boy. And the older you got, the more active you became. It's like you were aging in reverse!

March 23 we took you to the doctor for a limp and March 31 you were gone. How can that be? Everything happened so damn fast and maybe that's why it's so difficult to get past this horrible feeling. We never had time to prepare you or ourselves for this. Everyone says it's better this way and while I believe that, it doesn't make it easier. My heart broke when we saw the x-rays and I knew there wasn't anything that could be done for you. We would give anything in the world to make you better and keep you here with us, but it wasn't possible. As much pain as we're in without you, it can't possibly compare to how you suffered and we couldn't let you go on that way. Daddy and I laid next to you and I kissed you on your lips and felt you take your last breath. I hope you saw me before you closed your eyes and that you know we did this for you and only for you.

Bone cancer took you from our lives, but nothing will ever take you from our hearts. My sweet boy, you will always be with us in our memories and in our hearts and we'll never forget you. We will always love you and miss you.

:cry1 What a loving and touching tribute to your beautiful Flash. :heart My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest GreyDogsRule

Run free sweet Flash and say hi to my beloved Max and Nadja. You obviously know just how much you are loved by your forever home.

Guest DeVon
:cry1 :cry1 :cry1 What a beautiful tribute to a special boy who obviously brought greyt joy and love into your lives. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands :grouphug :grouphug

Hugs to you and your husband. I'm sorry you didn't have more time with flash once you found out that he had Osteo. We have been losing too many of our beloved hounds to this terrible monster.

Having lost Pup just on Monday from this, my heart feels the same pain you do. It's so hard to send a beloved hound to the bridge. Flash and Pup are now running together - free of their pain.

:gh_run:gh_runner

:f_red:f_red

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I hate this Cancer that is stealing the lives of our hounds.

Take comfort in knowing that Flash is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

We all share your sorrow.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Angie626

:cry1 :cry1 Awww Flashy :cry1:cry1

Beautiful tribute, Paula. I'm sure Flashy knows how much he was loved, your words say it all. I hope he continues to send you songs.

I'm sure he and Shazam are looking over their sad moms right now telling us not to cry. They are getting ready to go play and have fun.

Hang in there honey.

Great big hugs to you, Glenn, and the puppers.

I am so sorry you lost Flashy. f_yellow

Run free at the bridge, sweet boy, with all our bridge angels.

:gh_run2:gh_run2

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest Greymom

That is one of the sweetest tributes I've ever read. :weep Heaven must have needed another Angel, and the night sky is certainly brighter with his star shining down on you. May God ease your aching heart. :grouphug:f_white

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Flashy :grouphug:f_white Keep your eyes out for a rainbow, or maybe a bolt of lightning ( :P ) from your sweet boy :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Flash. There will be so many wonderful greys to meet him at the bridge.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.