Our Taffy Kitty Has Gone To The Bridge

Annette

:weep Today we took our very first "fur girl" to the vet to be put to sleep. She became a part of our family before we were married. She was born under my parents porch when someone moved out of the neighborhood and left behind a pregnant cat. Taffy was the last to be captured. I had to have her because she was so hard to get. She was a very shy girl. She was the definition of a "scaredy cat". Taffy was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in September of last year. She was so spooky that we could not medicate her on a regular basis. We managed to medicate her for several days in a row at first, but she quit coming out. She was afraid of us. When she was hungry enough she finally stayed out. We weren't going to add any stress to her spooky life and never pilled her again. She was down to five pounds. Untreated hyperthyroidism can cause high blood pressure, which can lead to blindness if not treated. At Christmas time she went blind. She was scared and confused at first but she adjusted. She was still happy as Taffy could be. Monday she would occasionally scream for no apparent reason. She did not to be in pain when we checked her over. She did the same on Tuesday, but Wednesday she was screaming all the time. Today she made absolutely no noise. She was confused, did not seem to know what she was doing. She acted like she had a stroke. We took her to the vet today after Roy came home from work.

She is at the Bridge now playing to her heart's content with her kitty brother Spooky, and tripping her Greyhound brothers and sister Wheat, Icabod and Scarlett.

Taffy Mattson: 10/1988 - 4/6/06

Annette and Roy

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Guest how888

I feel so bad for you. I had a kitty named Taffy too. Now I know they are both chasing butterflies over the bridge. I hope all your precious memories comfort you at this time. Just know we are here for support day and night. :f_white:f_white:f_white:grouphug Taffy was lucky to have had you in her life.

I am so sorry...my sympathy and prayers. Have fun with all of our Bridge Babes sweetie pie. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest jettcricket

Bless you for opening up your heart to this special girl and loving her. I'm so sorry for your loss, but she knew she was loved. Run free pretty girl - you don't have to be afraid of anyone ever again.... f_yellow

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am sorry: I just had to send my kitty Echo to the bridge yesterday, similar circumstances. He was about the same age as your kitty, and his little body just gave out. I am sure they are healthy, happy and whole again, playing and chasing and having a wonderful time at the Bridge.

Guest Gogh4It

Annette, I am so sorry for your loss...what a beautiful story. It brought back some of my own childhood memories of our cats....we always had one in our family...I have 3 along with my greys & they do make wonderful companions.

I will keep you in my thoughts & my prayers throughout the day.

:f_pink:brokenheart:f_pink

Roy and I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers for our Taffy girl. It is greatly appreciated.

Annette and Roy

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Guest Emma1

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a member of the family. I hope your memories of your sweet kitty bring you peace.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

I'm so sorry. I just had to have my 17 year old pts. I know how you feel. Have fun at The Bridge Taffy. I'm sure there is plenty of catnip and paper ball.