Emily

laurie

Emily died this past May after running into our sliding glass door and breaking her neck. We still feel her absence and miss her tremendously. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and relive that awful night.

Everyone, PLEASE teach your Greys that glass is solid as soon as they come home, and put stickers on your glass doors to make them more visible.

fd34e6e2.jpg

Edited by laurie

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

I am very sorry for your loss. If this brings any comfort to you and your words of wisdom, one thing I always do is make sure I tell all prospective foster parents and adopters about the dangers of glass doors and windows. Hugs always...

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire

I was so sorry to hear about Emily when you first posted about her tragedy. I doubt it would help, but because of her, I always tell friends/new adopters about sliding glass doors and windows.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

This must be so difficult to think about. I am so very sorry about Emily's death. It is a very important issue that all greyhound owners must deal with. Even though Duke knows there is a glass door ( he has walked into it), he still sometimes happily runs straight at it when he sees me standing on the otherside opening it up! I have to quickly pull it open before he reaches me!