A Very Special Boy

ElizabethGPAPS

I don't usually post here when a former foster dog dies, but Smitty was such a special soul. He was just 6 years old and his owner, Julie, knew something was wrong even though he was eating, drinking, playing, etc...a mom's sixth sense, I guess. The Vet found an enlarged spleen, which led to exploratiory surgery, which found the tumors. :( Smitty passed peacefully while under anesthesia.

Many of you will remember Smitty as the "main suspect" in the Pillow Murder thread. He was a wonderful boy in so many ways, from his uncanny ability to become a tiny lap dog to his endearing habit of sleeping with his paws behind his ears. I guess I just want to commemorate him somehow. You were loved, Smitty.

suspect.JPG

SmittyEars.jpg

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

:( I'm so sorry. :grouphugf_yellow I hope there's lots of pillows up there for Smitty to gut.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Far too young. I'm sorry. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest DeVon

Oh, Smitty :cry1 Please say hello to my Bart for me.

Elizabeth, I am so sorry. Please pass my heartfelt condolences on to his mom. Losing one so young and so unexpectedly is such a hard thing to experience :grouphug

:( I am so sorry. My sympathy and prayers. Run free sweet boy...I know that there are many pillows to be murdered at the Bridge...Angel Sophia told me so and she loved to murder pillows so I know that she will share some of those pillows with you. Run free and forever young...you are loved and missed. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I remember our great friend Smitty :wub:

Night night little one. Go find Del. He loved pillows. He didn't murder his, he just lay with his head on it but he won't mind if you murder one of his collection. Tell him I said it was OK :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest BleusysMom

Dear Smitty....Run, Jump, and Keep those pillows in check...

I am sure my Bleu Man Spirit Hound will show you the ropes, along with many others of our BEST!

I remember your posts about Smitty, and remember well how special he was. Sincere condolences to his people and all his friends.

Rest well, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a sweet face. I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Seeing that adorable picture from the Pillow killer thread made me want to read it again and enjoy Smitty's adventure again. But it's no longer available. I wonder if there a way to retrieve old posts? In honour of Smitty, I'd love to see it again...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves