Our Checker Man, Our Big-hearted Goof

Guest Greybecca

Guest Greybecca

post-6680-1142439398.jpgI wanted to write this but I don't know if I can write much for now. I just want to put my favourite picture of him up in Rememberance. My heart is broken and we miss him so much it hurts more than words can express. This happened so fast from a cerebral accident whereby his brain shut down his body slowly over 24 hours to the point of paralization, he couldn't walk or stand up :weep

I'm sorry, I'm still in shock about how fast I lost him and from seeing him so helpless in the end. Here is a picture of how I have to remember him, when you look at this guy know that he had so much to offer anyone and he ... I simply love him.

Run free my heart boy, soft-hearted black beauty.... :gh_run2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no.... he was so young. :( I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug What a beautiful goofy boy he was. Godspeed, Checker... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Tears are flowing here in St. Louis for beautiful Checker. :weep

You have my deepest sympathy...what a tragic loss.

Please take care of youselves, :f_white

Kim

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest Angie626

So sorry Becca. It's very hard to lose one of our babies suddenly, and to see them sick. Big hugs to you :grouphug and prayers for your family and Checker.

Oh, I'm so sorry. It's really wonderful that you could be right there with him. He's now able to run freely again at the Bridge. My condolences... :(:(

:f_red:f_red

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Rebecca,

I was so sad to read Jiffers post. Checker will always be in your hearts. I am glad I met him. What a terrible thing to go through. I am so glad you were with him when he crossed. Please know I am thinking of you and your family. Hugs to you and your furkids. If I can help you in any way please don't be afraid to ask.

Liz

I'm so sorry. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh Becca, I am so sorry :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest CanadianGreyLover

Becca, Rob - your in our thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

Bless Checkers and may he run free

Farewell Checker, you big goof!

I'll miss the way you always nibbled my fingers for attention. I'll miss your little horsey jump when you were so happy to be out on a walk with us. I'll miss the way you'd "ROWF" in my face when you wanted to play. I'll miss how I could get you to eargasm which stumped your mom and dad. Most of all, I'll miss you.

:weep

Keep an eye on us, honey, but enjoy running and playing at the Rainbow Bridge.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a loved one. He will always have a special place in your heart, think of all the good memories!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I'm so sorry to read of your loss :cry1:f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!