Del - It's 3 Years Since You Had To Leave

Bevd

Hello little Del :wub:

Three years ago you picked your moment to let us know it was time to leave. We didn't want you to go but more than that, we didn't want you to be unhappy or suffer so we made the call.

You were our first senior greyhound, adopted when you were 10 years old and the vet gave you a month. I was determined not to become attached to you and prepared myself to just give you care and attention and make you comfortable for the short time you would be with us. Hmmm. It doesn't quite work like that with a senior greyhound, does it? :rolleyes::wub: And you weren't going anywhere after a month - you'd decided that you felt a lot better thanks and were planning on staying around to torment the other dogs and say rarrrrrrr a lot if they bugged you :)

The pictures I have are so typical 'Del' that they surely tell of your cheek and charm without any more words.

delphoto1.jpg

delphoto3.jpg

del191002.jpg

delhat2.jpg

bdaydel1.jpg

laughingdel.jpg

Now you'll be with Jessie (who you paved the way for) and Maddison (who drove you nuts and is no doubt still doing so) and watching over us. Sally & Flo & Stan (and Jessie) and the seniors who are yet to come say thank you for laying the foundations so well :wink:

Always remembering you Delbert :wub:

10th Sept 1991 - 11th March 2003

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Send your mum a rainbow ... or maybe a good nose poke, Mister. She won't ever forget you, and neither will I.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Remembering with you today.... f_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a wonderful tribute. It is so amazing to me to read these amazing tributes, and see that while everyone still really misses their babies, they can, and do move on.

You look like such a love, Delbert (and I LOVE the name). I wish you a happy Anniversary at the Rainbow Bridge! :wub:

Sweet Del-Boy... :wub:

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest Hannah

I can't believe it is 3 years (although thinking about it he went 6 months ahead of Mono who has been gone 2.5 years).

hope you are having fun Del, watch out for Mono she has a mean left hook :lol

what a sweet tribute to your Del -- the pictures are wonderful.

he has the cutest smile!!!! I know he's doing that all the time at the bridge now :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway