Lyndon

Guest Lyndons_Dad

Guest Lyndons_Dad

I've read the forums here for four or five years but hadn't ever posted anything. Unfortunately, the first post I make is the toughest sort to write. What a fitting place to be remembered, though.

We lost our wonderful 9-year old boy Lyndon to Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis yesterday. What a strange and horrible condition. Sunday he was perfectly fine, we went on a long walk in the woods which he loves and on Monday morning he hate all of his food and played with his toys as usual. Monday evening he didn't eat but seemed generally o.k., by late Monday night he was in real bad shape.

Lyndon came to live with us in early 2001. He had been passed over for adoption a few times because he was big (90lbs), black and could be a little wild. That didn't bother us and I loved him at first sight. He got along great with our female Gee Gee and they ran and played the first time they met. We brought him home the next night and Gee Gee was ecstatic, they have been buddies ever since.

Lyndie was a great boy and like so many great dogs, nothing I can say here could begin to sum up what he meant to us. He was amazingly gentle for his size and so laid back. Honestly, he was probably the happiest dog I've been around. Nothing could faze him, he loved everything and everyone. Never once did I come home without a happy dancing, tail wagging welcome. Everything he did, he did with excitement and happiness. He loved toys, perhaps too much as be was known as Lyndon the Destroyer. He loved to eat, the last day, when he didn't eat was the only time in 5 years a piece of kibble got by. He loved to run and to play. He probably loved riding in the car the most. So much that one time he jumped on the hood, and then in the trunk. Smiling and wagging his tail the whole time.

I'm sad when I think of the little things I'll miss. How his tongue would hang out as he slept on the couch. How sometimes at night there was no way to keep him out of the bed. How he would play until he was tired and sleep right where he was. I'm happy for him though, he had a great life and he loved every minute of it.

So goodbye bud, rest well. Our lives were so much better because you were in them. Even on your last day, when you didn't have the strength to live, you still found the strength to lift your head and give a little wag one last time when you saw me. Your mom, Gee Gee and I will see you again, someday. In the meantime, destroy those stuffies, keep the deer and chipmunks out of the yard and keep an eye on Everett for us.

How lucky you and Lyndon were to have found each other. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest rsqdogsmom

What a great dog! Sounds like you all had a great life together.

I am so sorry for your loss.

May your memories comfort you at this difficult time.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God bless you with many happy memories and no regrets.

Edited by argolola

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. Lyndon was a very special dog, and your words mirror your deep love for him. It is always hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. I know how hard that last act of love can be. May you find peace and joy in your memories.

Run free, sweet Lyndon. Play with my Mason.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug Godspeed, precious Lyndon... and please send your family a sign. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest DeVon

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. The memories you shared with us are precious. Hold on to those, time will ease the pain, and you will be able to smile when you think of your big gentle boy. He sounds so much like my Bart was, and I have no doubt my Bart was there to greet him over the bridge. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands. God bless you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug