The Rev

SAVED2

On june 30-03 we got a call from a shelter that they just picked up a grey. it was 60 miles away we told them we would be there in one hr. --when they brought him out it took your breath away. we signed the papers and were about to leave when the phone rang it was his abusers and they wanted him back so sharon got on the phone and told them if they wanted him to go to west memphis and explain to Jan how he got in this condition. we put him in our van and headed for our vet. Sharon rode in the back with him and started picking ticks off. at the vets we all picked engorged ticks to a total of 96 ticks. he had masses of fleas also , vet did all the tests and found he had been SHOT in his left front leg and had heart worms we paid the bill and took him home and started the flea bathes. two months later we adopted him out, but I wanted to keep him. a year later we learned he was in another bad situation so we went and stole him back then back to the vet again this time he was heart worm free but had fleas so bad it was unreal. flea dirt a eight inch thick and had lost 20 lbs. this time we agreed he would stay with us , in no time he gained 20 lbs his hair returned to a very shinny black and he became the happiest Grey you ever seen and went to almost all the M&G's and other events he also minded perfectly he was second in comand and took over when Larry left , our two boys are gone now and can never be replaced the pain is great for us both. we both held him and he passed in peace. The Revs name was GREYS REVOLUTION out of LPD MAKERS MARK and GREYS QUICK DRAW

Dan&Sharon

Edited by SAVED2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be sadly missed Rev. I know that there was one joyous reunion at the Bridge. Run free sweet boys...run with the wind. :f_red:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What a sweet boy your Rev was. He will be waiting for you with Larry at the Bridge.

Cello :f_red

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

God bless you for taking this poor pup in and giving him the love he deserved....

he knows you love him and you will see each other again :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

The Rev was probably, hands down, my favorite rescue story on Greytalk and the dog with one of the best names of all time.

I wonder if a dog could be loved more than the Rev. I really do. We will all miss him.

I am so so sorry. Now, your broken hearts need to heal.... :f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest Gogh4It

:f_red:paw:gh_run2:paw:f_red

Dan & Sharon,

I know your hearts are breaking...the loss of Rev is so great....he was special to everyone. Just like Rev...both of you are special to everyone on Greytalk...and we are all here for you.

The reunion in September just isn't going to be the same this year, but I think the Rev & Larry will be there in spirit!

Thank you for sharing The Rev's story with everyone...It not only shows us what a great pupsie he was, but what great people you & Sharon are.

Love you always

Hilda

He found his forever home, and he's not leaving it: your hearts.

THIS IS SO TRUE...he's nestled in for the long haul!