Shazam

Guest Angie626

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 4baddogs

Such a lovely tribute for your beautiful girl.

I, too, believe that Shazam waited until you and Pat were home before she left. You both showed amazing courage and love with everything you did for her and she knew that.

You have wonderful memories of Shazam that will last a lifetime. I'll never forget her sweet little face, especially that night when she and I had to call 911.:) It's the happy times that will help you get through this.

You gave Shazam the best of everything and someday you will meet again where she'll tell you how thankful she was. :gh_lay

I will admit that I have been cowardly and selfish, I felt unable to post in your thread in H&M about Shazam as it was all too close to the first anniversary of losing my sweet Scully....but I was praying and wishing and hoping for her...as I do for all the sick and injured puppers, but it just hurt so much to read. I am so very sorry....the worst part about losing Scully was not being there with him when he left as I had been with my other angels...so I know just how you feel. What I do know now is that he was always with me, and I was always with him, no matter the distance between us....and it is still the same one year later...and I am sure it will still be that way the day that I die and then I will be reunited with him, just as you will be with Shazam.

:grouphug:grouphug:f_pink

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I am so, so sorry for your loss of sweet Shazam. I wish I could have met her-- from your posts here I know she was a real character!

If you need anything, Angie-- even just to hug a hound or talk-- please just let me know.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

My heartfelt sympathy to you on your loss of your beloved Shazam. Howie passed over on Feb. 17th , 2 yrs. ago and I still can't post a tribute.I try to block out the pain. Know we are all here with you and understand. Run free Shazam, and send us those signs. :f_white:f_white:f_white Until we all meet n greet one day "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

Angie, I wish there were words that would help but there aren't any I know. I am just so very sorry. Run free sweet Shazam, with all of our angels who went before you. :candle:gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Angie - I'm not here all that often but I just wanted to let you know that I am sending you my thoughts. Shazam is in very good company with my Mocha and Hershey, and they are running like nutburgers at the Bridge. My most sincere condolences to you. The pain may dull with time but it will never go away. I hope she comes back to visit you.

f_yellow

I am so, so sorry for your loss of sweet Shazam. I wish I could have met her-- from your posts here I know she was a real character!

If you need anything, Angie-- even just to hug a hound or talk-- please just let me know.

You would've loved her. I went over to Angie's once, to let Shazam out, and she was absolutely the sweetest girl. I will always remember going into their house, and Shazam looking at me from the top of the steps, tail wagging, and just looking so doggone CUTE. I am proud to say I knew her, and she was amazing.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest OnecoRose

Oh Angie I wish I could be with you. I am so so sorry, and am sending you and Schzam all the love and prayers that I can. She is running free now, cancer free like my Chloe who I lost last Dec. 3. I know how you feel, and I can feel your pain. Please take care, and your love for her and hers for you will guide you through this. :f_pink

Guest sanshelb

Angie - I am so sorry for your loss. Shazam was an amazing girl and will be an amazing angel.

Her memory will live on through all the greyhounds at GHG who have been helped by all

your great work with our group.

Shazam is responsible for that so when it get really really tough for your family please

smile and think about all the greyhounds past, present and future who may never have

met you or Shazam but owe her a debt of gratitude.

You are in our prayers.

:bighug

Guest Angie626

Thank you everyone for your heartfelt thoughts and words.

Last night, DH and I were driving home from Virginia (from his uncle's funeral...it was a bad week) and we were on the turnpike, about 2 hours from home, when I saw the biggest, brightest shooting star I had ever seen. I immediately said "It's Shazam, she's saying hi to us...."

I got my sign loud and clear honey - thank you. :)

~ Shazam chilling on the couch, dreaming of the stars ~

shazam.JPG

Guest greyhidden

Angie, U R not alone, we R all with U and Shazam. Prayers and wishes for both of U to feel that U did the right thing; Shazam knows U and loved U dearly. Hang in there; as I did when Dissylee left me for that wonderful place in the sky near our dear Lord Jesus called the Bridge. Let us know how U R doing periodically. I asked the dear Lord to watch over Shazam and U till all hurt is going from your heart. Take care. Go for a long, long walk; pretend that Shazam is with U only in heart only. Knowing that Shazam is looking down on U right now; knows he's missed; was cared for is good news. Take care, we love U.

OOPS, he's a she, sorry. Yes, there R signs all over the place that will remind U of her. Keep them in your heart and mind and soul. She was beautiful and STILL IS! God bless. Do cry; we R all crying for U. Cry it out, hold each other; cry it out; feel better.