Guest Angie626

Guest Angie626
And now I'm glad I didn't know,
The way it all would end,
The way it all would go,
Our lives are better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain,
But I'd of had to miss the dance.

My dearest Shazam, thank you for spending 5 wonderful years with me. They went by in the blink of an eye - but I suspect even if it was 50 years, it still wouldn't be enough.
I can't say that I don't have regrets, but my biggest regret is not being there to hold you when you decided it was time for you to leave us. I hope you can forgive me for that - and know that I love you very much and you were in my thoughts every minute of every day.
We are sad, and we are heartbroken right now, but I look forword to the day that we can recall all the wonderful memories we had with you, and smile.

Shazam, you beat it...you beat the cancer - it can't hurt you now.

I love you with all my heart and I miss you terribly. Until we see eachother again...goodbye my love.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautifully put Angie. :grouphug

There was nothing to forgive, she was with you in her heart

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

They say people who are dying try to wait until a loved one leaves the room. My mom did that to me. Maybe Shazam was trying to give you a last gift of love. Try to accept it and forgive yourself. No pupper could ask for a better mommy.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest CountryGreys

You did an awesome job in caring for Shazam - she's smiling down at you now. I'm sure she was greeted at the Bridge by all our smiling, happy, pain-free greyt pups and they're all running fast and free!

Crying with you. I know Shazam is not crying--she is running and having fun! :gh_run

I pray that her spirit will touch you so you know she is ok, or if it's not possible to touch you directly, that she will send you a sign. May either one warm your heart. Even though she left without you physically there, she left with your love. Love knows no boundaries, is not confined to miles.

:f_white

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I wish there was anything that could be said that would help, but I know there isn't, I have tears pouring down my face. So many people here feel like they know Shazam through you, what a wonderful legacy!

The song you quoted at the top is my all time favourite, it speaks volumes, I always tell DH should anything happen to me, just to listen to that song. It tells us that the only reason it hurts so damn much right now, is because there was so much love.

See you later sweet girl.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Tears here, everytime I read about your baby girl. Know that she's joined our beloved Bridge angels and has many new friends and is feeling fabulous again. May you always feel her loving spirit in your heart, where love lives on... :beatheart Godspeed, precious girl... :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Angie, I just read though Shazam's story for the first time. I don't think I'm capable of expressing how sorry I am for your loss in words. You're a wonderful Greyhound Mom and you did everything right. Godspeed, sweet girl. You are loved!

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Run free sweet girl...forever young...forever healthy. Please kiss all of our Angels for us.

Always in our hearts... :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">St. Francis de Sales</H1>

Sweet Shazam is an angel now. I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds