Spell Check Is Back ;)

Jeff

Spell Check makes a return today B)

I know there are a few bugs, help me find the rest.

To spell check your post, click spellcheck.png and then you MUST click page_white_edit.png to end checking and resume editing.

if you report a bug, I NEED to know which editor you are using to type your posts!!

Either the Rich Text Editor (RTE) where you can actually see things like BOLD and COLORS on your screen...

Of the Standard Editor (STD) where you see [b ]Bold[ /b] and [ color=red]COLORS[ /color] on your screen...

And the above is when YOU post it, not when you READ the above.

So far here are my bugs:

RTE:

Text colors are erased on return from spell check

Font changes are erased on return from spell check

Text attributes like BOLD are removed

STD:

Test between bold tags is not spell checked.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest runner615

Hi all.....I registered today and look forward to reading and posting. Thought I'd start out easy with the spell-check thread. Hope to be able to join in soon.

• 2 months later...
Guest greystoked

A nice quiet place to check out this spell Czech... please ignore... unless you're really, really bored...

First of all I seem to be using the...

Hmmm... lost all the freshly-typed and burrowed text sum one sent in an email, let's try this again, after ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl v to retain this particular bloc ov text.

A nice quiet place to check out this speel czech... please ignore... unless you're really, really bored...

First of all I seem to be using the...

Hmmm... lost all the freshly-typed and burrowed tyxt sum ome sent in an email, let's try this agin, after ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl v to retaon this paticulas bloc ov toxt.

Results: Fixed - speel / Czech (Capitalization) / tyxt / ome / agin / retaon / paticulas / toxt

Ignored: burrowed / sum / bloc (speeling OK, words misused) / ov

Found, did not utilize correction: Hmmm / ctrl

Had some problems several months ago, would get 2 characters just before any bb code when set to Plain Text editor. Don't use speel check myself, thought it was a bug you would fix ASAP, doesn't seem to be a problem using the RTF editor, tho I did lose the RTF acronym in the above test in the sentence indicating which editor I was, in fact, utilizing.

Let me 'splain... no, there ees no time... let me sum op; (-- the Princess Bride)

When 'borrowing' Mum's account several months ago, I apparently had the Plain Text editor available and when using the then new speel checker, 2 random characters would be inserted just in front of the starting bracket on displayed BB code. Not a speel-check user, I didn't report it as I felt if anyone else had the same problem they would let you know, and it didn't matter to me... didn't want to send you on a repair crusade for one silly member.

Now, under my own account, I seem to have the RTF editor, and the speel-check seems to operate OK except it deleted a large part of the original text, some of which had been cut/pasted from text in a previous post in this thread and some C&P'd from a document on my desktop. During the first testing I did not let the speel checker make any changes.

Of course, being a perfect speeler myself w/ a 4.0 grade average and near-perfect speeling, I do not utilize the speel check option and so do not want to waste your time with speeling concerns.

- Edited for speeling.

ya lost me.

If you can duplicate the problem text, save a copy, then paste it into a reply between [ CODE ] your text here [ /CODE ] brackets, but remove the spaces in the brackets. That will allow me to look into the problem.

Guest sweetiesmum
ya lost me.

If you can duplicate the problem text, save a copy, then paste it into a reply between [ CODE ] your text here [ /CODE ] brackets, but remove the spaces in the brackets. That will allow me to look into the problem.

Sorry, didn't think it was very important, sir. Apologies for fufooling around.

Mary uses the standard editor, and when I tried the spell checker back when you put it back on the forum, I would get something like 'na' (can't remember exactly) just in front of the brackets for code whenever I inserted it, thusly:

- - - - - - - - - -

BEFORE spell check:

this is a sample line of [ b ]text[ / b ] and is only an example

AFTER spell check:

this is a sample line of natext and is only an example

- - - - - - - - - - -

Will try to recreate here.

A Mexican drinks his beer and suddenly throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, "In Mexico our glasses so cheap we don't need to drink from the same glass twice."

An Iraqi, obviously impressed by this, drinks his beer, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his AK-47 and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, "In Iraq we have so much sand to make glasses! that t we don't need to drink out of the same glass twice either."

The Southern boy, cool as a cucumber, picks up his beer and drinks it, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his gun and shoots the Mexican and the Iraqi, and catches his glass.. He says, "In America we have so many illegal Mexicans and Arabs that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice.

No, sir, I guess you fixed it, it didn't do it this time. Found all errors and fixed them just fine.

Sorry to waste your time, I just wondered if it was the use of the plain text editor, the spell checker, or something I was doing. I remember that I typed in the formatting code manually, the formatting bar was either not available at that time or I just didn't see it. I'm kinda used to doing things the old fashioned way, typed a lot of formatting codes back when I had a BBS. Good evening, sir, and thank you.

Guest greystoked

Well, this would have been back in February/March, but I wouldn't waste any more time on it... just wanted to see if it was still doing it because I have this WinXP keyboard and it's too small... I keep getting keypresses I don't intend. Going to switch back to my nice, BIG old standard kybd... tired of hitting capslock when typing an 'A'.

It really was happening, but it was probably me, because all is well now.

Man, you are conscientious, aren't you! I was the same way with my BBS, all had to be correct and working just right. You do have quite an impressive forum, my perfectionist brother would be proud... :)

• 6 months later...

I was going through the "custom" words that you all have added to the dictionary.

PLEASE ensure that when you add a word, that it is spelled correctly. Here are some examples of what I found in there among the 394 words you all added.

takingly

misconsecpiton

Heffer

Fascitis

Patricial

hyperexteded

birhtday

Addicive

hyachins

attidueds

You two are too much :lol

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle