Sweet Pea

Guest MaxiesMom

Guest MaxiesMom

Has it really only been a couple of days since you left me? It feels like a lifetime. Baby girl I need you to send me a sign because you see I'm not doing too good. I can't seem to make it a hour without breaking down in tears. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't seem to focus on anything anymore. All I know is that you are gone and my life will never be the same. Please don't hate me for letting you go, I did everything I could to keep you. That is why I took you to three vets. All three of them said the same thing, that the cancer had come back. That poor second vet, the one I became so angry with when he told me. I yelled at him "Don't you give up on her! It's not cancer. She will be alright. Don't you say that to me!" I remember him looking at me with such sympathy. What a terrible night. I kept thinking if I could keep you safe until the morning It would be alright. But the night was so long and the daylight never came for you and me. When you could no longer walk I knew I had to let you go. They say there is a look that is given when it is time to go, you never gave me that look, did I give up too soon? I can't get the picture out of my mind, the way your head jerked back and your eyes opened so wide as she was injecting the fluid. I remember screaming "Stop, I've made a mistake!" but it was too late, I felt your heart grow still. How ironic that someone who deals with death everyday can't find a way to go on. I dread coming home because I know I will see your favorite spot to lay. It's funny sometimes my eyes play tricks on me and I think I see you there. Last night I thought I heard you whining to go out, it wasn't until I got out of bed and called your name that I realized you weren't there anymore. Do you know how much I loved you? All the time that I wasted, I thought I had more time. I did not know you would leave within a matter of hours. So much more I wanted to do. They called last night, to tell me the faux fur coat I wanted to buy you was in. I couldn't even speak, I just fell apart. So you see baby, I need you to let your mama know that you are okay. I guess sometimes love isn't enough, I couldn't make this better. I tried so hard. Please forgive me.

:bighug:bighug:bighug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest CHLMAJERLE

Wow...i dont know what to say. I can really feel your pain and have been there myself. Please have faith that you made the right decision for your baby. I wish I could tell you the pain goes away. But my heart aches daily for my heart dog...the pain does dull with time, but it never leaves.

Guest TBSFlame

I am so sorry. I sit her crying for I know the pain you are in right now. I remember when Hawk left us the house was sooooo empty. I hated to come home. I know Hawk sent us Beecher. That sweet boy Beecher, helped us to heal our broken heart. You will someday (it may take a while) but someday you will be able to tell others about your sweet baby without crying but with a smile on your face as you remember the wonderful times you two share. But right now, you will cry.

Guest DaffyToons
Do you know how much I loved you?

Yes, she knows how much you LOVE her. You gave her the greatest gift of all, a world without pain. My heart breaks for you, as it does for my sweet Dynamo that I gave the same gift to, just 28 hours ago. I will miss him forever, but I will love him forever as well.

You did the right thing by setting your Sweet Pea free. Sometimes we just have to show them the way because they don't know how to escape their pain. My deepest condolences to you. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

"It's funny sometimes my eyes play tricks on me and I think I see you there. Last night I thought I heard you whining to go out," Sounds to me like she's sending you several signs! Your beloved Sweet Pea knows you loved her with your whole heart.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I am so sorry. :( I and many others know what you are going through and what you are feeling...Listen and watch carefully...your baby girl IS sending you signs that she is just fine and healthy once more. Our Angels will take Sweet Pea under their wings. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I understand your pain, it is so very hard. :grouphug I think your baby girl has sent you a message.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I can't finish reading it, but my heart just aches for you. :( I can not even imagine your pain and sadness.

Please just do yourself a favor and quit wondering if it was "time". You did all you could for her, and allowed her to go to the Rainbow Brdige and end any suffering. That is the single best gift we can give.

I grieve for you. :grouphug

I am so sorry for you and your pup. I went through the same thing two months ago...I didnt think I could get through those first few days...and I remember not wanting to come home.

Please dont doubt yourself...I remember doing that to myself and it doesnt help...you did the right thing....you DID the right thing. There is not a perfect way.

You are in my prayers and I feel your pain.