Remembering Biscuit (8/97 - 2/11/05)

Guest LindaSch

Guest LindaSch

Biscuit left us suddenly last February during a morning walk. One minute he was absolutely fine, walking happily along with me and his sister greyhound Faye, and the next moment he was dead. He simply dropped, thrashed around for a few seconds, and died. Fortunately, a neighbor kid was outside sneaking a smoke, and he went to my house to get my husband with the car. I'll always be grateful to that kid - I don't know what I'd have done if he hadn't been outside.

Our vet thought that it was probably an aneurysm that killed Biscuit. Whatever it was, it took him in an instant.

When I read the posts from people whose greys have lingering illnesses with sad endings, I'm almost grateful that Biscuit went so fast. He never knew what hit him.

He was a wonderful friend - kind, funny, and sweet. Biscuit always carried a toy in his mouth on our walks - it was his "security blanket". For some reason, he didn't take a "baby" with him on the morning of his death.

I have Biscuit's ashes in a beautiful wooden box and I look at it and touch it daily. We have a new greyhound now - Andy - who is a companion for Faye, who was devastated at Biscuit's death. Neighbors used to say "Oh, this is the replacement" which made me furious. I always said, "No, this is ANOTHER greyhound" and smiled sweetly.

You can't ever replace a greyhound- just give another deserving hound a home, and love them just as much.

I too remember. :f_white

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.