Member Map Is Back :)

Jeff

Today the Member Map returns.

The link is in the upper right corner of the nav bar.

A few new features, check it out, and update your pin location :)

UK members now have their own map, apart from the combined Europe map.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Oooh I'm off to look. I wonder if I'll have to have 18 goes at getting my pin in the right place like last time :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Did some pins (that were there from before) get moved a tad? Mine was off track from where I had originally placed it so I moved it back where it belongs. The whole of Delaware is dotted in pins yet seems many are actually members from NJ or PA. Perhaps their pins got off track as well?

probably, since the images have changed. I would imagine many are off a tad and need to be repositioned.

basically the member sets x-y coordinates, and if the map image changes, those coordinated relative to the old image will be off on the new image.

Guest Joyce_N_DaBoyz
Glad to see it back, and I just swam back to shore. At least I can see one thing that should make me grateful to live here in the Florida Panhandle, I would be SO claustrophobic up there in the NE US!!

To the left of the screen you should see a box titled Member Info. Click on "Set Your Pin" and your pin will be the only one on the map. Click on your pin, hold it and move it around until you like where you live and let it go. Then click "Set Your Pin" again and the map should refresh with your pin set in place.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest onefinegrey

What's the difference between the red and blue pins? Other than the colour, I mean!

ETA, I think I figured it out...a little slow on the draw this morning!!!

Edited by onefinegrey

Red are members and blue are supporters.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It has been 3 and a half years since we talked about the member map. Lots of new members, and lots of moves have happened in that time. Lets take a moment to update our pins ;)

Click the MEMBER MAP link in the top right menu

The US map is the default, if you live elsewhere, select the correct map.

Click SET YOUR PIN to start the process

Click your mouse where you live

Click SET YOUR PIN one last time to save it. (Don't forget this step)

The west coast is really lacking. Currently 630 total pins set. We were well over 1k a few years back, and we have more active members now ;)

member_map.gif

21 people so far added theirs today, and a few others that were on yachts have now become landlubbers :coastie

USCG at work! ;):lol

I'm where I'm supposed to be! :thumbs-up I'm glad I didn't fall into the ocean cause I don't swim too well in the waves. :lol

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest BatesieGreys
Glad to see it back, and I just swam back to shore. At least I can see one thing that should make me grateful to live here in the Florida Panhandle, I would be SO claustrophobic up there in the NE US!!

Just come all the way to Maine. We have places so small (such low population) that they are not even villages. They are called locations (i.e. Location 5).

Excuse me, but when I go to the Member Map, there is no option to "Set Your Pin".

Hmm. You can open a Support Ticket and I can look into it if you like. I'd have to log in as you, so I would need your account details to be able to do that.

Guest mertz

I seem to have fallen off the member map. :( When I click on "membermap" at the top I don't see the button to "set your pin". Help! I'd like to be back on. I keep waiting to see someone close!