T-bone Walker, Wally's Cousin

Guest CygnetC

Guest CygnetC

I just got off the phone with my mother. One of my aunt's German Shepherds passed away unexpectedly yesterday. She had let them out and only Buoy came back in. She walked the property looking for T-Bone. Had he left the yard (unheard of)? Gotten hit by a car? Ran off into the woods? She had no idea. They live on 10 acres in East Bumf*** VT with neighbors who all have 30 acres plus. She called my uncle who was in a meeting, he said he would be home as soon as the meeting was over. In the meantime she gathered up some of the neighbors and they scoured the dirt road, ditches, woods, etc. Well after about 4 hours of searching she was walking back up through the woods to her house and found him. He was lying in a ditch, still in her yard, at the edge of the woods. He had had a stroke. He was only 2.5!!!

I do not know what caused it, I just know that he was one of the best dogs I have ever met has passed away. He was always making you laugh, he was always trying to snuggle, he was just the best boy. He grew from a teeny little pup to a 110 pound dog before our eyes. He was not a dog, he was a family member. And he wasn't just a family member to my aunt and uncle, he was to all of us, all 42 of us in the extended family on my mom's side. They were our furry cousins and I can't believe that T-Bone has left us at such an early age.

Again I ask, no talk of the rainbow bridge, or of him waiting for us on the other side, as that is not part of my beliefs and does not comfort me in any way. I just wanted to share. For one reason or another.

T-Bone (right) and Buoy (left), Thanksgiving '04

cous.jpg

T-Bone and Wally, Thanksgiving '04

wallcous.jpg

T-Bone, Thanksgiving '05

t.jpg

T-Bone (front) and Buoy (rear), checking out Wally's octopus, Thanksgiving '05

t2.jpg

What a miserable shock, to lose him with no warning.

Be a good boy over the Bridge, T-Bone, and make sure all the octopii are safe to play with.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Meredith

My heart goes out to you and your family. Sometimes there are no answers, but I hope you can find comfort in knowing that you were able to share your lives with such a special soul.

Guest CygnetC

My mother called and told me that my aunt and uncle will be coming to visit this weekend as they do not want to be alone in the house for the first full weekend without him. So Buoy (his brother) will most likely be spending a lot of time with me since there isn't anyone at my parent's house to keep him company when they go out to dinner and such . . . he's never been alone before. So heartbreaking.