Chisel

scullysmum

On Tuesday my Mum's kitty Chisel was helped to the bridge. I say my Mum's kitty but Chisel was originally my kitty. When I was 17 I longed to have a dog, but as I was still living at home my parent would not allow it, they eventually said that I could have a kitten, so we went to see a litter of kittens advertised in the local paper, there were two ginger tabbies, and two tortoiseshell (calico) kittens, one of then had a big cream stripe down his nose, he really stood out from the others so I chose him. When we brought him home I was trying to think of a really good name for him, but my brother decided that he would be called Chisel...to this day I don't know why, or what it meant, but it kind of stuck, so Chisel it was. I was amazed that such a tiny little fuzzy thing could have such a huge personality! he would scream like a baby if you left the room he was in! When I was 20 I left home, and I planned to take him with me, but he had become so attached to my Dad that I couldn't bear to part them, my Dad promised that he would take the very best care of Chisel, so I left him at home knowing he would be in very safe hands. Sadly my Dad died two years later, and Chisel was heartbroken without his very best friend but after a while he decided that he would "adopt" my Brother as his very best friend so they were very happy together for the next five years until my Brother got married and left home, my SIL is allergic to cats, so he couldn't go with my Brother, he had to settle with staying with my Mum. She always says that Chisel treated her like she was the "last resort", but I know that she spoiled him rotten and loved him very dearly.

Last year Chisel became ill, the vets found a tumour in his intestine, which they managed to remove successfully, after a little while he was back to his old self, ruling the roost and bossing everyone about, but just before Christmas he started to get ill again, the vets were at a loss, one day he would be really poorly and then he would seem to be fine for a while, sadly last week he stopped eating and was clearly not at all well, my Mum decided that the time had come to end his suffering, he would have been 18 years old in March.

Chisel was never very fond of other cats and he hated dogs, but I know that he now with his very best friend in the whole world again, my Dad.

2897ac767183777849d3b4f67d8693d8.jpg

75fb578116ffed7d13e0c7775ceca810.jpg

40d7dcaaff3164b797cfbcc18da6b185.jpg

2791ecb59f076e27263d4721ecb8699b.jpg

0ec32d419f1482e2baf3ad6049b855d8.jpg

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I am so sorry. I know there was one joyous reunion. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest argolola

Thank you for sharing their heartwarming story. What a gorgeous kitty. I'm sure my Zombie was on the welcoming committee at the bridge.

Please accept our condolences. God bless you all.

Mel, what a beautiful boy he was! :wub: I am so sorry for everyone's loss, but he certainly had a good long life. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands :grouphug :grouphug

:grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

I love the portrait of your dad and Chisel. I'm sorry that they're both gone from your life now, and that it hurts so much.

Godspeed, little one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Aww Melly....now I know why we are such good friends, I have a torti named Holly & I used to have a white muscovey duck named Bobbi...and we love our daddies...

I'm so sorry to hear about Chisel. I know he had a wonderful life & I love the pictures, thank you so much for sharing them.

:f_white:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:f_white