Wag

Guest Gittlemanstech

Guest Gittlemanstech

Wag was my half Border Collie, half Kelpie stockdog. She got her name because her tail never stopped wagging. She had been with me for almost 14 years. Thru illness, college, marriage, and having kids. She was not only my dog, but my family's dog. Then, she was my children's dog. She would always do what was asked of her, no matter what. A worker to the core, it was hard for her to back down from a job. As she got older, she developed arthritis and her health began to deteriorate. Her spirit never did. Up until a month ago, she still wanted to work the sheep. When she quit wanting to work, we knew time was close. She had had mammary cancer, but was in good health. Then Doc found it had spread to her lymph nodes. We did bloodwork to see how much longer we had. It came back normal. Doc recomended giving her Previcox along with her joint supplement. We thought if we could get her arthritis under control, maybe we would have more time with her. Well, it worked for about a week and a half. Right up until the last cold snap. After that, she went down. She cried Monday night, trying to get comfortable. I laid with her on her pillows, and told her it was ok. That if she could make it until the next morning, I would ease her pain. She laid her head on my arm, and sighed. After a very sleepless night, I got up and got ready. I called two different vets, searching for another option. I wanted to be sure that I had tried everything within our means of Wag having a quality life. As much as I didn't want to hear it, we were out of options. I could either keep her completely doped up and out of it, or I could make the call. In my heart, I knew what the right decision was, and Wag had already told me in her way that it was time. We sat down with Wag, and I prepared the kids, (6 and 3 years old), for what was coming. After all, Wag was their dog, too. The youngest said "Wag is going to go to Heaven, Momma. She'll be ok there." I broke down. Wag may have been ready, but I wasn't ready to let her go. What was I going to do without her? She whined at me, and I knew I couldn't let her go on any longer. We all loaded up and went to the clinic, where I used to work. I took her inside. The vet was waiting on me. I laid her on the table, and my friend (a tech) asked if I wanted her to hold her or if I could do it. I said, "She's been my dog for 14 years, I can be here for her when she leaves." I was sobbing. I gently told her goodbye, and held a vein for the vet. Wag knew. She looked up at me right before the injection and licked me on the chin. Then, she sighed, laid her head on my arm, and was gone. She took a piece of my heart with her. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that she'll be waiting on me at the Rainbow Bridge.

post-6682-1137706311_thumb.jpg

Wag

August 1992---January 2006

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Amy I am so sorry...for some reason I have been thinking about you all week...bless your heart! She's up there running around, having a big ole time & herding all the greys & sheep & anyone else that'll run...she's okay now! No more pain, no cancer, no more sadness! The next rainbow you see is from her!

:f_pink:brokenheart:paw:heart:paw:brokenheart:f_pink

I am so sorry. Godspeed precious Wag. :f_pink:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh dear...

I am just sobbing for you and your family. Wag sounds like such an amazing girl, and that picture of her... :wub:

It is never fair that our best friends ever have to leave us. What a lucky girl she was to have you, and you to have her. Your young one said it best. Wag WILL be OK at the Rainbow Bridge.

I can only imagine how bad you hurt...I can tell from every word you spoke. We have an arthritic crew here, and we nearly refuse to think of what we will do if we have to help them.

Bless you. I hope your great memories of Wag can help to heal your broken hearts.

:f_red

I'm so very sorry. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest jettcricket

Oh, I am so sorry...I know your pain only too well. That's the only down side in having pets. Shedding tears for your sweet baby girl. She was beautiful. :cry1:f_pink

I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg