Freedom

CindyandThunder

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you the life and death of a very special girl, Freedom.

Freedom was retired in November with the closing of Geneva Lakes after an impressive race career of 141 races. This petite girl waited patiently for her chance at a home for 2 months until Sunday, January 8th. On that day, a family met and fell in love with this beautiful little girl and decided to adopt her.

I brought her home that afternoon to foster her through her spay and recovery. On Monday she was spayed and had a very normal surgery and started a normal spay recovery.

Tuesday morning she was acting very well and ate her breakfast and took her antibiotics like a good girl.

Tuesday evening she refused dinner but seemed OK. At 8:45pm she was roaching in her crate.

By 11:15pm, she had thrown up multiple times and was having labored breathing and a hard time walking. I rushed her to the emergency vet and finally at 1:15am they told me to go home, that she was resting and on IV's. Wednesday early afternoon she was starting to stabilize but then crashed and they were unable to save her, despite everything they tried. She died around 1:30pm, 1/11/06, only 2 1/2 short days after leaving the track. It came on so extremely fast but her actual passing was swift.

Run free, sweet Freedom. Even though you touched precious few lives, you will be deeply missed.

Freedom at the track:

Freedom.jpg

Freedom at my house:

Freedomroaching.jpg

Cindy Missing my Thunder... Copper and Cowboy

siggy.jpg

GPA-Wisconsin

GPA-Wisconsin E-Bay Benefit Auctions

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no....another one lost from her spay surgery. How scarey and how very, very sad. I'm so sorry. :(

Thanks for the support everyone. I just wanted to add that her passing is only indirectly related to the surgery -- the vet who did the surgery is my personal vet and did everything correctly. :( She was even on antibiotics but when a dog/person/bird/cat/whatever gets septic, correcting it is extremely difficult, if not impossible. :(

Cindy Missing my Thunder... Copper and Cowboy

siggy.jpg

GPA-Wisconsin

GPA-Wisconsin E-Bay Benefit Auctions

I'm not sure I've ever seen a sweeter face. :( This is just so sad.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Every time a pup passes, it is heartbreaking. But there is just something particularly heart-wrenching when they are within a long, skinny nose of their forever homes...Freedom, you were loved. Burn bright in the evening skies, sweet girl. :bighug:brokenheart:f_pink

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest jettcricket

Oh, no....another one lost from her spay surgery. How scarey and how very, very sad. I'm so sorry. :(

Thanks for the support everyone. I just wanted to add that her passing is only indirectly related to the surgery -- the vet who did the surgery is my personal vet and did everything correctly. :( She was even on antibiotics but when a dog/person/bird/cat/whatever gets septic, correcting it is extremely difficult, if not impossible. :(

I had a cat that almost died from a septic abdomen....she was truly a miracle kitty.

Cindy I'm so sorry. Freedom can now join Star at the bridge. May they run happily together. Godspeed Freedom. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Poor lil' baby girl... :( How heartbreaking for you and all those who knew and loved this precious soul. :grouphug Godspeed, Freedom...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.