Hattie

Guest Hattiemae

Guest Hattiemae

My sweet girl had to be helped to the Bridge the day after New Year's. She had spent New Year's weekend coughing and breathing very heavily. She was having a hard time walking on her own, and she didn't eat much. It really came on suddenly. By Monday morning she was struggling for every breath, and I could tell by the look in her eyes that it was time. :cry1

It was an unusually nice January day with temps in the 60's and a nice, soft breeze. We enjoyed some quiet time in the van while we waited for the vet to come out, and her actual crossing was very peaceful and gentle, just as she was all through her life.

Hattie was my first greyhound. I got her when she was just 2 1/2. We had over 11 wonderful years together, but it still wasn't long enough. :brokenheart

I consider her responsible for the 6 greys I've adopted since I've had her, as well as the 30-something fosters who have come and gone. I'll keep on fostering and adopting, so her influence will continue to be felt. That's quite a legacy for such a quiet, reserved girl. Not only did she introduce me to the world of greyhounds, but also to the wonderful people who have them. I've made many friends through my love of these dogs.

She took a piece of me with her when she left, but she left behind a whole lot more. Run free, my sweet angel.

Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/539386115Yqlock

Edited by Hattiemae

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my!!! :( I'm so sorry!!

I know my Fudgie will meet her at the Bridge.

I'm so shocked. She's been around for as long as I can remember :( Where has the time gone, she was just 4 or 5 years old! :(

I am so, so sorry :cry1

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

:f_pink

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm so sorry for your loss. f_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest PawsDeDeux

Sending prayers of comfort for you, Stac...

Wish I could've met Hattie, however I felt

like I knew her through our friendship and

your stories of her.

My thoughts are with you, and Roady

and Siz send hugs.

I am so sorry. :( Run free sweet Hattie...run with the wind. My deepest sympathy. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.