Chyna Reign

Guest LazyBones

Guest LazyBones

Dearest Chyna,

it has now been about three days since you left our house, but you are still in our thoughts and our hearts. and you will always be. you were such a young girl, and i just wished that you could have been able to spend more time with us. however, we understand that your poor little body had had enough, and we could not be selfish.

i remember the day we first met, and the days leading up to that. at the time, your former owner and your daddy had recently met and had fallen in love with each other. your former "mommy" and daddy were looking for a watchdog to take to work with them, and had considered a GSD or a rottie. instead, i told them that an american staffordshire terrier might be better for them, and i pointed them to some articles to read. your breed sounded like a great match. shortly after, there was an ad in the paper. you were the last puppy left from the litter, and we came to see you. you were such a shy little pup, and as embarrased as i am to admit this now, i had my doubts about you back then. however, your "mommy" decided to take you home with us, and you rode in my lap on the way home. you were so good, too. we took you in the backyard at first, and you were so painfully shy at first, hiding in the bushes. but gradually, your fears subsided, and you came out of your shell beautifully.

you brought a lot of laughter into our house, chyna. you used to sit by the back door, with your legs out sideways. definately not very lady-like. i remember when we used to play hide and seek with the blanket. i'd cover up, and you'd try to tear away the blanket. you and gumby had fun mouth wrestling, and it was funny to hear gumby sound like chewbacca. you two were partners in crime. we had fun watching you two in the yard. you'd stop in the middle of the yard and wait for gumby to come running by before you started chasing her. your legs might not have been as fast of gumby's, but your little head was pretty smart. and you tow would snuggle after tuckering out. remember the little robot dog? you thought that it was challenging you, and you weren't about to take crap from it. you barked your little heart out and backed off at first, before you got bold and pulled off its ear. your carnage would not stop there, though. i do not know why, but you hated sticks or anything on a stick. it wasn't likely you were abused when you were a little pup. i remember when we were sweeping the patio with an old, small broom. you barked at it with such ferocity, before attacking it. eventually, that brrom became yours. one of us tried to pick it up while your jaws were clamped onto the bristles. the metal stick bended and broke in half, and it became your toy. you were so proud of yourself. you pranced around the yard with that broom in your mouth, with your tail and head held high. we knew that if anyone were to try to threaten any of us with a stick-like object, you would stop them. you also hated lawnmowers. one day in the future, while living at your next home, you jumped the fence and attacked the neighbor's lawmower and lifted it off the ground. that poor guy was scared and went running. now, i know you would not have attacked him or any other person without reason, but i can't say i approve of what you did that day. :rolleyes: your "grandma" also did not approve of you eating the loveseat that one time while you lived here. :shakefinger but lucky for you, we were about to get new furniture anyway. that loveseat and the other couch would go to your parents when the three of you moved out.

when you did move out, at first i was relieved because it meant i didn't have to puppy-sit. after all, you were a handful. but i did miss you for sure. when you lived at your next home, i was not happy about you living outside, but it looked like you were otherwise cared for. anyime i came over to visit, you were there at the gate, and i would always go see you first. you would almost knock me over in your excitement. in time, your parents split, and your daddy moved back home here. unfortunately, you were still your "mommy's" dog, and you were left behind. :( your daddy often said how much he missed you, and yes, i did too. time would pass, and the day came when your "mommy" had to move and couldn't take you. however, that turned out to be a good thing. daddy asked your grandma if you could come back, and after some thought, she said she just couldn't say no. thank goodness.

when you came back, i was shocked. you were skin and bones. :( it looked like you were not fed in quite some time. at first, that's what i believed, but later i thought your skinniness was partially/fully due to worms. daddy also said you were out in the cold in your old home, and you were surrounded by a lot of mess. hearing this made me sad for you. you did not deserve this. when we took you to the vet, we learned what all was ailing you. daddy was determined to help you through your ordeal, though, and your "new" family was just as determined to help you. we took care of your hookworms, and we started you on your HW treatment. i know the vets were scary to you, but believe me, they were nice people. they even knew who you were whenever you walked in.

i know you were not feeling well by the time you came back to your true home, but i hope you felt love and some happiness in your last days. you sure did appreciate the little bed by the fireplace. i remember the night i went to took a nap on the couch. there was no fire in the fireplace. you sat there on your little bed, looking at the fireplace, then at me as to say, "what....no fire?" yeah, you got spoiled on that quick. you did that the next day, and ended up getting a fire. it wasn't until you got that fire that you decided to lie down. you would cling to me a lot in the time you spent with us. you were smart after all, and knew i gave the most pettins. perhaps you saw me as your new "mommy." you were also a bad mooch. however, one could hardly blame you, and your grandma was sure to give you a little extra something in your bowl sometimes, in an effort to fatten you up. i am so glad you had a true home for the holidays.

unfortunately, your recovery did not go as smooth as it should have, but we tried our best to help you. sadly, you got to the point where you were just too ill. i am so sorry for this. you were so young, and you did not deserve to get to this point. however, we all believed you were ready to go, even if you were a little scared. we could not be selfish and cruel to you. please know that we love and will always love you, and you will always have a home in our hearts.

love you always,

kellie, daddy, and grandma :heart:

P.S. i am in the process of building a collage to keep your memory alive. i bought a frame to encase all these memories of your time with us, from the silly to the sweet. unfortunately, i might have to take the frame back and get a larger one, as i feel it will not be big enough. then again, i know your personality is too big to squeeze into any size frame. but, i sure hope you will like it.

scan_5112841731_1.jpg

*****CHYNA REIGN****

February 20, 2002 -- January 5, 2006

Edited by LazyBones

I'm so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest how888
:f_red Keep those beautiful memories alive with that collage.What a great idea. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. Know she is looking upon you from 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' til we can all meet n greet one more time.

Guest LazyBones

thank you all for your sympathy. although our loss has been very painful, it has been getting a little easier with the passing of time. the time spent going through her pictures and working on her collage has been theraputic, and it is now for the most part done. i posted this in OT, and i am posting it here as well. :)

000_0107.jpg

Guest Kristina

okay,no one warned me to wear the waterproof mascara today. I'm so sorry about your lost, and such a young, beautiful dog. We love them so deeply and hurt that way too don't we? My thoughts and prayers are with you. :candle

I love that collage :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!