Godspeed, Sweet Otis (friend's Non-grey)

Guest Tenderhearts

I am still reeling. I talked to my friend in Missouri on the phone yesterday. She was the one who started up the petsitting service after retiring. She has two goldens, Otis and Abby, and two young labs, Ringo and Moses. We were talking about all of our dogs and how everyone was doing. She mentioned she was going to have to take Otis in for a recheck on his thyroid meds (both goldens are on thyroid meds), and was getting the dogs fed as we were talking. I heard her trying to coax Otis to eat, and she grew increasingly worried as he never goes off of feed. The last thing she said to me was she needed to get off the phone right away as something was wrong with Otis. Otis passed away last night. The diagnosis was hemangiosarcoma. My heart is just breaking for her. He was the love of her life, a certified therapy dog, and a sweet gentle big golden boy. Run free, sweet Otis, and please help your mommy's broken heart heal. :brokenheart:cry1

otis2.jpg

Edited by DeVon

:( I am so sorry. Run free sweetheart. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That's so sad :( I hope your friends Otis will by now have found the Otis that I knew and loved many years ago :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Snowy8

:f_red:f_white:brokenheart:dogcookie:paw:dogcookie:brokenheart:f_white:f_red

Oh DeVon, please copy these condolences for your friend & pass them along. We have all experienced her pain & we know how she feels, God love her...

Otis is there in her heart, all nestled warm & he will be there forever! He's left pawprints on each of us today!

Godspeed, golden boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg