In Memory Of Callie

Guest mleg2001

Guest mleg2001

d8e3f489dd717f6c105fcdaecf85ad28.JPG

It has been 2 year today, when Callie passed away in my arm, who I adopted as a young senior spooky grey and passed away much too soon. It was not her age that made her so special to me, maybe because she never acted her age, she could be both hellion and goofbal and proved it out in the yard or at the park with her hard and reckless play :) but the bond that came from helping her overcome her fears and the joys of watching her make babysteps forward that had wedged a very special place in my heart for her. Days after her passing as my thoughts were muddled and wandering, I found myself thinking of how special spooks were , like a precious gem and it had my thoughts spinning off in another direction what kind of gem, a diamond? starting off rough and carved and polish to brillant glow, and I thought, no, that is wrong it needed to be a more delicate gem one that needed tending and time to grow, something more mellow than the hardness of a diamond and it came to me the spooky greyhound was more like a growing pearl

Today on the anniversary of her passing I recalled those thoughts once again and decided to put in to words............................ in honor of her memory

You found the oyster washed up on shor and put it in a carefully maintained saltwater aquarium to tend to and keep it alive, inside is a little grain of sand the hint and promise of a gem

Black_pearl_oyster.jpg

Overtime the oyster will open it's jaws once in a while allowing you to peak inside to see what is happening, it is getting a tiny bit larger now easier to see, but nothjing like you would have imagined, just a tiny mishappened mass, it is hard to think of this as being something special and that will one day treasured, You realize so much patience and careful care over the years will be needed if it is to grow and flourish into a pearl

925yy.jpg

but each time it opens it is a little larger and you start seeing it change and and note it is becoming more rounded, beautiful and lusterous, over the years you have watched it grow, now several years have passed, you notice as you hold it in your hands , how beautiful it is with it's soft lusterous glow and you reflect just how much it changed to get where it is now, it may not be the perfect pearl that could have easily been gotten without the years of work and care put into , but to you it is an even more precious and perfect despite any flaws that others may see, because you were there to watch the mystery of this precious pearl grow and you have the satisfaction of knowing your care and patience helped make it the gorgeous gem it is today, you set the pearl aside.

Then softly you stroke the greying head of the gentle greyhound curled up beside you who is resting her head in your lap looking at you with soft delicate glowing eyes, full of trust and you remember the day when she once stood trembling before you with widen eyes and full of fear, it seems like so long ago, as you lean over and give her a gentle kiss on her forehead as you wrap your arms around her and think what what a perfect gem she is.

22003businessbrief1.jpg

I wanted to end by giving my condolences to many you who have had recent losses and sympathies to those who may have greys whose time is near , I know only to well how easy it is to focus on their pain and suffering and the emptiness your feel without their presence and even the guilt, as it seems especially tough when loss occurs during or near the holiday season, I asked that when you finding your wandering down that path, ask yourself what made your love for your pet so special and focus on the thoughts that created the bond, it is those thoughts that will help to heal your pain :bighug

i remember meeting Callie at GRA just days before she left for the bridge. she was a beautiful, sweet, gentle hound :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I remember this day so well. :( What a beautiful and loving tribute to the lovely Miss Callie. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest OnecoRose

I feel the same about my Chloe who went to the bridge a year ago, Dec. 3. The shy ones are so sweet and special. We will always miss her. She was a sweetie.