Sudden Loss After Xmas Accident

Guest Snazzy_Chloe

Guest Snazzy_Chloe

Last night,, my greysitter called after Chloe broke her right upper arm after leaping a step to come into the house. No big jump, she didn't hit anything, it seemed she just landed wrong. Immediately she went to the e-vet and the x-ray showed a spiral fracture of the upper arm, with some white spots that she thought could be bone cancer. They sedated her and made her comfortable and this morning the x-ray was looked at by our vet, who deals mainly in greys and he called and said he was 98% sure that it was bone cancer. The problem was Chloe had broken her left front arm -at the wrist 3 years ago and when it healed, the bone rotated slightly, so although she could put weight on it, she only used it 20% of the time , mainly for balance when standing. We decided that that leg could not support her upper body, if we amputated her newly damaged leg- so we made the decision that it would be best for her to send her on her way to the white light. We were in Chicago, and Regap volunteers spent 1-2 hours each to sit wih her at the hospital (to keep he quiet and still) while we returned home to be with her at the end to help end her pain (Thank you so much for this act of kindness at Christmas - when you wanted to be with your families). When we arrived 8 hours later, she was doped up, but alert and greeted us with her eyes, then almost fell asleep as we stroked her while waiting for the Dr to come in. Although, she was only 7, I would like to think that she did have 3 good years of living with us humans. We shall look for her at the bridge. Run fast and free, Dear Chloe-with no pain anymore!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry...... :(:f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

What a shocking and heaartbreaking experience. Many blessings to those who stayed with Chloe. I am so sorry. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Oh how very sad...I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Chloe :grouphug:f_white I'm glad you were there for her :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Run fast and free Sweetheart. My deepest sympathy. :(:grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest TilliesMom

Oh...I am so very sorry. At this moment I am lighting a candle in Chloe's honor. Please know you have all my prayers going out to you.

Run free, Sweet Chloe....you will not be forgotten.

I'm so sorry. I will be making a donation to Hope for Hounds in memory of Chloe.

Godspeed sweet girl. :f_pink

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Meredith

:f_white

So sorry to hear this, but it sounds like you made the best decision for her, and I'm sure it meant a lot to her that you were able to get to her. Our hearts are aching for you.

Edited by Meredith

My heart goes out to you.

Au revoir, Chloe.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

How heartbreaking... :( My heart goes out to you in this time of loss. May you always feel Chloe's loving spirit with you. :beatheart Godspeed, precious one...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.