Fancy

Hallie

My friend Barb emailed me today and told me that she lost her sweet girl Fancy this morning. Evidently she didn't eat yesterday and didn't poop, but drank and just seemed a bit lethargic. This morning she had some weakness in her back end, and Barb called the vet to say she was coming. She went out to put the seat down in the car, and when she came back in, Fancy was gone. :weep

We're trying to figure out what might have happened - if it was bloat, I thought that was usually pretty painful and pretty obvious.

Fancy was the littermate to my Chance and Seamus, and to ChrisGHDogs' Tally. We had a reunion at Dewey Beach in 2004. Fancy is the all white hound second from the left.

My heart breaks for Barb and her family. They are stunned and beside themselves....Fancy would have been 7 next month. Godspeed sweet girl. :angel

102Fortified_2r.jpg

102Fortified_Fancy.jpg

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Guest eviesmom

:gh_run Run free Miss Fancy...

As for bloat, it may be hard to spot in a grey. From what I understand, their stomachs are sometimes tucked very in the rib area, so it may not be so obvious.

It's so hard to lose someone this season -- our friend recently lost her grey only 2 weeks after adopting him. They're such wonderful companions :crying

I hope your friend feels comforted by your warmth and the tidings of this season....

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy. Run free beautiful girl... :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry.

Run with the wind, pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.