Tragic Death

Guest vwagner1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heartfelt sympathy in this tragic loss. Please know we are all here for you day and night in our prayers and thoughts. :grouphug I couldn't finish reading without crying. I can't imagine what you are going through. God Bless.

Guest Georgiegirl

I'm so sorry. Occasionally, I think a dog will do this. Also, I have tried to intervene in dog fights etc and it is very, very hard to remove something from a dog's jaws.

Thinking of you as you come to terms with this awful sadness and trauma.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Guest Meredith

Oh, Vicki, I am so so sorry to hear this. You know how to reach me if you need to talk or a shoulder to cry on. Words can't express how bad I feel for you and your family.

I am so very sorry. :f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest Billy_thundersmom

Oh my God. I am sorry, I cannot read everyone's posts, my heart is broken for you and your family at this time. Many prayers that you can get to a place of peace and love.

Godspeed, sweet Rudy.... :f_pink

Guest JenCorQuin

This tragic story has stuck with me the past few days......I wish I could say something to ease your pain, but you are in my thoughts across the miles. Rudy was with his loving family at the end despite the horrible setting....godspeed Rudy~ Tears and hugs from Minnesota during this immense time of grief. :sad1:cry1:f_white

Edited by JenCorQuin

I don't know what to say except that I am so, so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest tammymacb
:cry1:cry1 I can't imagine the pain you're going through...to lose them both in such a way. You did, however, give Rudy a longer life that was filled with love and of that you should celebrate. He knew you loved him till the end. I'm terribly sorry for your loss....

I am so very sorry. Nothing any of us say will make the pain go away but know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

You may want to talk to a therapist/grief counselor both for yourself but also for your kids. You have all experienced something very awful and traumatic and it can help to have professional guidance at a time like this.

Take care...

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest OnecoRose
I feel like it was yesterday losing Kimmie to epilepsy.  And now this.  Brad my greyhound, killed Rudy my IG.

It all happened so fast.  I was on the phone with my dad when all of a sudden, Brad had Rudy in his mouth by his stomach and he was shaking the life out of him.  There was no growl, no warning about what was going to happen.  I tried to pull Brad away, I tried to get him drop Rudy.  My husband heard my screams and was able to scare Brad into dropping him.  Rudy tried to walk away, to hide, his intestines dragging on the floor.  I became hysterical.  My other IG had also started in on the act and I had to get her away.  Why would Brad do this?  He has never growled at Rudy.  We gently wrapped up Rudy and called the vet to tell them we were coming.  He died in Steve's arms on the way there.  His whole stomach was just ripped up.  I knew there was no chance but I had to try. 

Rudy was a rescue IG.  We were his 5th home because he had a marking problem.  We hated the marking he did but we absolutely fell in love with him.  He was the biggest snuggler and love I have ever seen.  All he wanted was to be loved and be with us.  I rescued him right after Kim died because the group couldn't find anyone else to take and they were going to have to put him to sleep because of the marking problem.  I felt like I couldn't save Kim but I could save this little guy.  Oh the love we showered on him!  He was so spoiled!  He would forgo eating to stay curled up on my lap. 

I was having trouble sleeping because he always curls up on my right side just below my shoulder under the covers.  He is not there anymore.  I just can't sleep.  I can't stop crying.  What a horrible, painful way to go!  There must have been something that conspired between the 2 that I just missed.  Why would Brad do this?  I keep telling myself that they are dogs and they don't think like us.  Something must have happened.  I was right there in the room with them though!  I never let them outside together or leave them alone because I am cautious.  But Lord, I was right there and I couldn't stop it!!!  I couldn't get Brad to drop him!  I was so scared!  My kids saw everything and they are just so upset.  The blood was everywhere!  All over the Christmas tree, all over the family room.  Why oh why?  This boy was so gentle and so loveable.  He was my baby!  My heart is so broken.  This was the first dog my husband truly loved and became attached to.  He is devastated.  Now I have to give Brad back to the rescue group because we can't trust him with the cat or other IG and my kids were so frightened of his actions.  My husband took Brad back tonight after having him for three years with no problems.  I feel bad for Brad because he was being a dog.  Things like this happen in packs.  I just don't understand why.....So I have lost 2 of my babies tonight.  I feel like I am going to die inside.  I wish I could have stopped this!    There were NO signs!  Brad has never been aggressive.  I know they are genetically dispositioned to chase and kill small furry things.  But there was no chase even.  Just picked him and shook him over and over.  I just spent 3 hours cleaning off blood and body pieces from the family room.  What a horrifying experience.  I will never be the same again.  God bless you little guy.  You are so very loved and we will miss you so very much.  God, please help me get through this.....

1809883[/snapback]

:f_whitef_yellow:f_pink:f_red

I keep thinking about you, I can't imagine your grief. But as you pointed out with Brad and the whippet's cancer, perhaps there was something about Rudy that struck Brad as "wrong", and that's why he did what he did. But you are not to blame!

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Oh my gosh, I am so incredibly sorry! This is one of my biggest fears with my dogs and cats! You just never know what exactly they are thinking, and why they do the things they do. Sometimes there are signs, but other times there simply arent! I agree with everyone here - all you did was try to give a wonderful, loving home to these 2 dogs. Nothing you could have done differently would have prevented this from happening. It will take time, but please try to accept this as a *dog thing* and not a *what if I had...instead...* thing. Sending hugs and prayers across the miles.