Tragic Death

Guest vwagner1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lotsahounds

I'm so sorry. I do know what you are going through, I had a similiar experience a few years ago so I can relate to your pain. Run free little Rudy. You were loved.

Guest IndyTwister

What a terrible thing to witness... Perhaps though, given previous posts about Brad's aggression toward other dogs and biting smaller dogs (whippet), he just needs to be an only dog or with other greyhounds. He very well could have gone after Rudy feeling threatened in his pack status if Rudy was marking everywhere and being treated to a lot of special attention. :(

Hugs to you and your family....

Godspeed little Rudy....

I'm so sorry this happened. Little Rudy and your family will be in my thoughts. How horrible. :(

I, too, think this was probably pack dynamics rather than prey drive, with poor Rudy not standing a chance to defend himself. I hope the adoption group makes sure Brad's an "only" dog in his next home. He will be loved again, and I hope you can forgive him with time (and yourself, if need be, though you are certainly not at fault).

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest vwagner1
What a terrible thing to witness... Perhaps though, given previous posts about Brad's aggression toward other dogs and biting smaller dogs (whippet), he just needs to be an only dog or with other greyhounds.   He very well could have gone after Rudy feeling threatened in his pack status if Rudy was marking everywhere and being treated to a lot of special attention. :( 

Godspeed little Rudy....

1810707[/snapback]

Brad only did this to the whippet when they ran outside together so I knew they could not be outside together anymore (this is a very normal greyhound thing to do outside. Even cat safe greys should never be outside with small dogs or cats). Also come to find out the whippet (Derby) had bone cancer and died 3 months later. They can sense things like this. These were special circumstances. We had people bring over their IG's and tested it out several times before we decided to do this adopt an IG. Please don't make me feel like I could have prevented this because I did take all precautions. I couldn't stand to think I could have done something else.

Edited by vwagner1

What a terrible thing to witness... Perhaps though, given previous posts about Brad's aggression toward other dogs and biting smaller dogs (whippet), he just needs to be an only dog or with other greyhounds.   He very well could have gone after Rudy feeling threatened in his pack status if Rudy was marking everywhere and being treated to a lot of special attention. :( 

Godspeed little Rudy....

1810707[/snapback]

Brad only did this to the whippet when they ran outside together so I knew they could not be outside together anymore (this is a very normal greyhound thing to do outside. Even cat safe greys should never be outside with small dogs or cats). Also come to find out the whippet (Derby) had bone cancer and died 3 months later. They can sense things like this. These were special circumstances. We had people bring over their IG's and tested it out several times before we decided to do this adopt an IG. Please don't make me feel like I could have prevented this because I did take all precautions. I couldn't stand to think I could have done something else.

1810823[/snapback]

Please please do not feel quilty, it was a horrible accident. Come on everyone gentle hugs and healing prayers are needed to help this family.....

:grouphug:grouphug

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest GiJenn51

It certainly isn't your fault. There is only so muh we can do to keep our furkids, and skinkids safe.

I'm so sorry for both of your losses.

:bighug

Rest in Peace Rudy.

Brad I hope you find as loving a home as you've had.

Guest jeannejj

What a terrible tragedy in so many ways.....for you and your family....Rudy...Brad...all of you are victims of this. I'm sorry.]

May you and your family find peace. May Brad find a good home.

Run free, sweet Rudy.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest KaseysMom

First, I am so very sorry--for your loss of Rudy and your loss of Brad. You have two babes to grieve for. I'm sorry for the deep emotional trauma for you and your family. I do not know how old your children are, but I would speak with them as best I could in the coming days. If you believe, as I do, I would comfort them with words that Rudy is in heaven, he is whole, and he is not hurting. I would also tell them Brad did not mean to hurt Rudy, that it was an accident and that Brad is a good boy. I will pray for peace for you and your family.

:grouphugf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow:grouphug

2942Resized_Rudy.jpg

My sweet Rudy...

1809888[/snapback]

I was just shaking reading your post. I am so very, very sorry for the loss of your sweet IG.....they are such amazing little creatures. What pretty brown eyes!

And I am also VERY sorry for all the trauma involved. I'm sorry it had to happen, and that you all had to see it, and that you DID lose 2 dogs tonight. I am just SO sorry.

Godspeed, sweet Rudy. There are some wonderful IG's that will be happy to great you and keep you cuddled.