Almost A Year...

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I don't remember when it happened...

When I stopped constantly crying... or when the tears didn't come weekly.

Or when I could finally drift into sleep without having to hear your snoring.

Or when I would no longer pause before putting the key into the lock... because the pain of you not being on the other side of the door was so intense.

Or when the our lazy Sunday morning songs came back. And long snuggles with the hounds.

Or when I could talk about you and not feel my chest get heavy...

Or when I could finally buy your favorite treats at the store and not cry in the car on the way home.

Or when it was that I could remember something silly about you and laugh with only joy.

But I still can't allow myself to get out any Christmas things... I opened the first box and there was your special scarf... I draped it over my nightstand and that's all we'll be decorating this year. Maybe next year...

I still can't allow myself to put your remaining ashes in the box.... The box made special for you... It's too final. Maybe next year...

I still can't go to our special spot in Sedona where I put some of your ashes... I hoped that by putting you there I would feel connected to you when I visited. But the fear of not feeling it keeps me from going. Maybe some day....

I still can't move your collar and leash off the hook... Even though the space could be better used for a foster... Maybe I never will let them go...

I still can't throw away your favorite teddybear... well the unrecognizable remnants of it! The rag sits proudly in the drawer of my nightstand... Maybe one day if I ever move...

I will always love you my handsome man... my special boy with the crooked smile and bow legs... and kissing you between those wide set eyes. You were my best friend for 10 years. You held all my secrets... and showed my what unconditional love meant.

I will miss you always my Harley boy....

Guest guinness_the_greyt

12-27-05 will make it a year since he left....

12-20-05 makes it a year from when my friend Kati adopted my foster Bela... I'm gonna try to focus on that!

Tears are pouring out for your words hit home. How beautiful you write and that alone just ripped my own heart out, missing Howie so very much. I want someday to go to Sedona too and feel the presence.Oh sweet angel, know you were so loved and we all know that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" we will all meet n greet one more time. Your words were so inspiring,Amanda, yet healing. Know those beautiful shining stars above will be watching over us this holiday season. In peace and love............. Linda and Nike :grouphug

Guest blastsmom

Dear Amanda

I could not read all you wrote, as it hits so close to home. I lost my Ramsey on 4/15/05 after 14 yrs..... so I know what you are going thru. :brokenheart I can only wish you the best in knowing Harley is with Ramsey..... and they are probably playing together.......saying "Hey....you don't look like a greyhound,,,, are you one???" :blink:

They are in heaven watching us every day and no longer in pain. I know how you feel, as not a day goes by that I do not think of my Ramsey. I keep thinking how he is no longer in pain..... cleaning the other day, found tons of pictures. I was angry at first, then sad, then went thru 1,000 emotions.... :crazy

But, ya know what....they are ok!!!!! I will be keeping you in my thoughts..... prayers to you and Harley...... I have sent a message to Ramsey to watch over Harley........ and I am sure they have become the best of friends!!!! probably sharing a couch as we speak!!!!

pm me if you ever need just to talk!!!!!

Terri

:bighug

I don't know what to say Amanda...you are so much better with words, but I know how you feel :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

My heart breaks for you reading this...:weep

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest cnewsome

I am so sorry... :(:grouphug

Shortly before reading your post I looked at some photos of my sweet boy Bullet, it's been almost 3 years that he is gone, not a single day goes by that I don't think about him, he surely was my heart dog, my very first greyhound. :wub:

I know how you feel... it will take time to heal, but we need to keep going, keep enjoying these wonderful hounds, keep adopting, keep spreading the word about greyhounds. That's what it is all about, helping the hounds, one at a time (or two or three). :) Remember the good times with Harley.