The Grand Ol' Dame

Guest greygirl25

Guest greygirl25

Miss Phoebe,

phoebecollar.jpg

Even though you were almost 11 years old when you came to us, you taught us some wonderful lessons.

We learned that senior dogs were the best.

11 Greyhound years meant that you could still counter surf… Phoebe always knew when we forgot to put away something on the counter and she would find it. I had no idea how hard heavy whipping cream was to clean up off of the floor.

11 Greyhound years meant she had refined the art of chewing… Phoebe aquired a taste for small electronics almost immediately. The Ipod still worked, even with teeth marks in the metal back and cracks in the plastic. The PDA didn't have a fancy case anymore. And the down blanket had millions and millions of tiny feathers. 3 years later a feather or two still floats through our atmosphere.

11 Greyhound years earned respect from all of the other hounds… Lights-out meant it was time to be quiet and Phoebe would give one low growl and a bark and all of the youngsters would quiet.

11 Greyhound years meant you could still run with the best… It was a little frightening, because even though she ran like she was 3 or 4 again, I knew she didn't quite see like the 3 and 4 year olds.

13 Greyhound years taught us great lessons in patience. A small scrape on her ankle became a daily bandaging job because once it was healed, she promptly chewed it open again. For more than a year we wrapped her ankle in bright bandages.

Phoebe came to us with a huge overbite, a sway back and a dull coat. Karen's first words were wow, she really is a needlenose. She left us with the same overbite, a stronger back and a beautiful shiny black coat.

Phoebe taught us that there will always be room for a senior Greyhound in our house.

Phoebe, you will always be the Grand ol' Dame of the Gardens. We will miss you more than you can imagine.

phoerh.jpg

Edited by greygirl25

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful angel she is. :candle I'm so sorry for your loss.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh my, there are way too many bright new stars in the heavens tonight. I am so sorry for the loss of your classy Dame, Miss Phoebe. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest TaniandMalachy

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug From the way you write, Phoebe was lucky to have had a home where she was so thoroughly appreciated, understood and loved.

Run free, Phoebe :gh_run2

Guest argolola

Terri and Karen, I am crying with you as I read this. Please take comfort in knowing that all your hounds have a most wonderful life, with lots of love, and the gardens that most dogs could only dream of.

Godspeed beautiful Phoebe. I'm sure you had a big welcoming committee at the bridge.

I am so sorry. Another beautiful Angel. Run with our Angels sweetheart...run fast and free. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greymom

I have tears in my eyes reading this. What a loving tribute to a grand ole gal. Run free sweetie. Heaven must have needed another Angel, and the night sky is brighter with another star. :grouphug:f_white

Phoebe, only a girl like you could wear a hat like that with such aplomb. Run with the wind and have all the fun you want with the feather comforters over the bridge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Yet another angel to watch over us all.

Night night Phoebe :heart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!