To My Best Friend

Guest Furrballz

Guest Furrballz

What can I say about 12yrs of faithful service and friendship??

I searched for the right one...I didn't want the 'usual' Black and White....Noooo I wanted a red or chocolate and white! Your Brothers were red/white and it was them that I originally went to see...YOU had other ideas.

I sat on the grass surrounded by your siblings,black and white and red and white....you calmly pushed your way into my lap, curled up and went to sleep. It was then that the breeder mentioned your markings and colour (blue and white) made you the pick of the litter and was show quality. I wanted to know that I could do anything with you, be it show/breed or obedience trialling.

We picked you up at 8wks old and took you to obedience training every Saturday. I didn't have a car during the week and used to take you to the vets and up the street in the child seat on the back of my bike. You loved that. You would also come out with me to my horse and follow me and Sheikh around the paddocks and on our hacks. You never chased the horses or made a nuisance of yourself.

We had fun going to dog shows and obedience trials together...even at the Royal Show one year when I was heavily pregnant with my youngest son...I forgave your need to step out and look around the HUGE belly so you could see what I wanted you to do...we even learnt how to herd sheep together...sort of!! LOL

Another thing we did together was being an official Pets for Therapy dog. Visiting the aged homes and cancer wards in hospitals. The look on your face when we went in our first lift ride together was priceless!! The trust you had in me was what kept you from panicking.

My first marriage broke up...you stayed with me and the kids. I met a wonderful man...We got married...you got to be the ring bearer and showed everyone how proud you were to be included in our special day by doing everything really well, as usual.

WeddingTerriChippy.jpg

We decided to start breeding cats...you took it all in your stride. After all...if you could cope with a ferret crawling around under your belly while on a down stay...what's a CAT going to do?? You became our number 1 cat tamer and an even more valued member of our breeding team. Many a time a timid cat or kitten would end up curled up around you because of your quiet and dignified ways with them.

Your main 'job' was to protect the backyard from all those pesky birds and possums that kept trying to infiltrate 'Your' backyard! Many a time I would go out the backyard and find more bird feathers from you literally pulling the offending bird out of the sky for trespassing over 'Your' backyard!!

In the last few weeks you have been very sick. You were hospitalised for pancreatitis and your intestines were found to be looking like they were thickened, querying cancer. Then you and your new 'brother' started scrapping over the head dog role...you had a series of abscesses, the last one on your hip resulting in an operation to clean it only last week. I nursed you and made sure you were comfortable, and it looked like we had almost beaten this and you were going to come good for at least a little bit.

02BobbyChippy051005.jpg

Then you showed you really couldn't be bothered trying to move yourself, and you were lame for no real reason. The dead skin over your abscessed area fell off, leaving a gaping hole into your muscle...this was very painful and I needed to help you on and off the couch for your toilet breaks. Not once did you complain.

Today I noticed you had a swollen front paw...by this afternoon it was a back paw as well and the other back paw was looking like it was swelling, too. We also noticed more abscesses coming up spontaneously on your side, and solid lumps appearing on your ribcage. I dreaded that your time was near.

I rang your Vet and told her the new developments...she agreed it was likely your time and agreed to open the surgery for you on a Sunday. We all gathered there for you, so you wouldn't have to go alone. The vet said your body was now breaking down the proteins in your cells, causing the swelling in your feet. If left it would only spread to the rest of your body.

I didn't want that for you.

The needle went into your leg I was holding for the vet...you looked up at us strangely as you felt yourself going to sleep...I held you and told you it was Ok...5mins later you were unconscious.

35mins later, your heart and lungs were too strong and you were still alive...a second needle helped you over the Bridge, peacefully.

There was soo much that was just all about you being here in my life...and a huge hole has opened up.

I hope you are now gambolling around the paddock happy and pain free.

RIP - Shezeilson Major Blue Chip (Chippy)

Born 13/12/1993 - Died 20/11/2005

Chippyrs201105.jpg

I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug Godspeed, precious Chippy...

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Furrballz

Thankyou all for understanding what its like to lose a loved furry.

He has left a huge hole in my life after being such a big part in my life...he wont be forgotten.

Bobby is a little depressed and wondering where his mate is...I will take him for a hydrobath tomorrow and give him some special attention.

Heading to bed now...after 12.30am Tuesday here now.

What a beautiful eulogy you have written for your friend. I am sure that he would be honored.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry. Such a beautiful baby. Run free and young sweetheart. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a terrible loss. I'm so sorry. :grouphug :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Godspeed, handsome Chippy. Warmest hugs to your people who are missing you so.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm totally crying right now. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your tribute is beautiful and I can see just from those two pictures how important Chippy was to you. May your heart find peace and may your baby run free.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc