New Chat Login Script

Jeff

I have implemented a new chat room authentication. If the automatic login was working for you in the past, it should continue to work the same way. For those who had cookie or ISP issues, these should now be resolved by allowing you to log into the chat room with the option of entering your forum username/password.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Ozziemydoggy, I'm curious....

Along with adding the optional manual login, I added an additional method for checking and automatic login. Were you automatically logged in, or did you have to enter that info manually.

Guest myfourbabies

Whooopeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

I just clicked on chatroom and instead of getting an error message I got straight in!!!!!

Thank-you so much Jeff, you are a star!!!!!!!

Now I can really interact with the other Greytalkers!!!

:bounce1:yay:clap

Ozziemydoggy, I'm curious....

Along with adding the optional manual login, I added an additional method for checking and automatic login. Were you automatically logged in, or did you have to enter that info manually.

1759255[/snapback]

Well when the site got updated last time, I couldn't log in. I asked you about it and you said I needed to download the new version of Java, I think. I can't download stuff on this computer since it is a work computer so no chat for me. :(

However, I logged right in and was all set to go!

signature.jpg

Argo and bridge babies Artemis, Icarus and Iris.

Guest sweetgsmom

Jeff. Iknow you hate Aol, but I have tried Safari and IE, I can get into the chat room on Safari but it won't let me type anything. I have updated everything and I'm still stuck. Any Ideas?

if you use IE, open the real IE from the start menu, or whatever it is on a Mac, not the AOL provided one, as it is not the real IE.

I don't have a Mac, so I can not test Safari, but I believe others who use it have not had any problems. Make sure you have an updated Java install

For Apple users only...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/java/

Jeff. Iknow you hate Aol, but I have tried Safari and IE, I can get into the chat room on Safari but it won't let me type anything. I have updated everything and I'm still stuck. Any Ideas?

1770831[/snapback]

A Mac user just tested with OS 10.4 w/Safari and reported that everything worked fine. Check your java install and software.

Guest myfourbabies

Jeff, how is your Geography? Is EST about 7 hours behind GMT? I am DETERMINED to stay awake and chat in the chatroom!!!!!

:sleepy:blink:

Edited by myfourbabies

Guest myfourbabies

Thanks mate!

GRRRRR! Got in chatroom chatting away, but my replies are really slow appearing then it kicks me off!

Must be because I am in UK not USA!!!!!!!

:angryfire:headwall

Edited by myfourbabies