The Heavens Have A New Tiny Star

Guest Tenderhearts

5 years ago about this time of the year, I rescued a tiny fawn chi named Willie. His owner had called to schedule a euthanasia, claiming he was very old and becoming so aggressive he was biting everyone. I was working at the clinic that day while the vet was out on a farm call. Long story made short, she lied about almost everything, and I called her back after she had dropped him off to see if I could take him home until I found a good family for him. She agreed. Willie was with us over the holidays, and around February of the following year, an elderly couple who were clients at the clinic lost their elderly chi. Their oldest daughter knew that I had been looking for a home for Willie and she asked me about it. Although it was so hard to say goodbye (I had honestly given up on a good home prior to that), I knew it was the perfect home. He lived in a world of giants at my house ,and he would be the only dog and king of the castle. So Willie went to live with Harold & Margaret, and I even got to see him every day that I was working for them doing housework and chores because Margaret was not well. Willie wasn't nearly as old as the owner had claimed, but he wasn't a spring chicken and had luxating patellas. He had increasing problems over the years with both the legs and his back, but did well on supplements, and eventually pain meds. Earlier this week his little legs gave out for the last time, he was yelping in pain, and they made the painful decision to let him go. I will always have a special place in my heart for Willie. I used to sing a little song to him when he was with us, and even when I went to see him at Harold and Margeret's. 'Wee Willie Winkie, no bigger than my pinkie." Please say a prayer for Harold and Margaret as I know their hearts are breaking. There is a new tiny angel over the bridge now. I love you, Willie. I'm glad you're free of pain now :angelwings

Edited to add the picture I finally found of the little guy. Harold and Margaret let us take him to the park one day for pictures, and he was kissing my nose in this one! :)

mrwillielicknose.jpg

Edited by DeVon

I'm so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest greymouse

My sympathy to Harold and Margaret on the loss of their sweet Willie. :f_white

and to you, too DeVon. Thank you for "rescuing" him and giving him five more years to be loved!

Edited by greymouse

Guest BleusysMom

Godspeed, Wee Willie....You have been LOVED by Many here on Earth, and You will continue to be Loved & Missed....

Hugs to the Earth-Bound...left behind.....

Devon, thank you for sharing that story. Please let Harrold & Margaret know that they are in our hearts tonight...there is a big bright star for a little Willie tonight! He brought smiles, sunshines & rainbows to people who knew him & those who didn't.

:f_red:brokenheart:paw:heart:gh_lay:heart:paw:brokenheart:f_red

Godspeed, little one. Hugs to your momma and daddy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.