My Daddy Passed 11-15-05

Wonder

Today is the day for the funeral.

It's going to be so hard!

My dad was a huge horseshoe player when I was growing up.

For the funeral, I am walking up in the beginning of the service with his horseshoe box with a brother on each side of me. At the front of the chapel, I place the box next to his picture and open it (he's been cremated so no casket), each brother will take out a horseshoe and place it on either side of his picture.

If everyone could please think of me to give me strength to do this, I will need it. I don't know that I will be able to do it without breaking apart.

Positive energy will be need tonight from 4-8pm central time.

Thank you to everyone that has PM'd me. I have gotten so many from people that I don't even know and you have no idea how much it has meant to me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kari

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreyhoundTrish

You know I'm right here, just a keyboard or phone away. I wish I was there, but you know the circumstances that I can't get away from the new job. But you know that I'll be at your side, holding your hand in spirit, even if I can't hold it for real.

Yep, we are all here for you!!! That's sweet that you guys are doing that. What a neat tribute!

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Kari...

So sorry to hear about your loss....I just got back from vacation...

Everyone told me that the first year is the toughest....pretty much true. Certain days definately will get you for no reason for months.

Take care of yourself.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021