My Daddy Passed 11-15-05

Wonder

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Houndmama

Kari, I learned in 1983 when I lost my dad after having had a 6 month prognosis during which to prepare . . . you can never prepare for the loss of a parent. I know what you are feeling and I am so sorry for your loss. :bighug

I am sure that your dad had lots of hounds to greet him at the bridge. I'm grateful that he passed peacefully as he wanted.

I'm lighting a candle for you and your family tonight.

It's O.K. to cry :cry1

:grouphug Call me if you need anything!!!

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Kari, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. Even when this is expected, it's always such a shock...somehow you get used to them being sick and you don't really think past that...or even when you do, it doesn't seem real until it is, you know? Today is my Dad's birthday...I lost him to lung cancer 7 years ago, and it still hurts like crazy... :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I am so sorry K.

:grouphug - I wish I were close enough to give you a real one.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Even when you know it's coming - you can never be ready for such a loss.

I'm glad he went peacefully... I can't imagine what you have to be feeling... just thinking about it makes me cry.

I'll keep you in my prayers...

Kari, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh Kari...... :grouphug

You know I'm here for you, and that I understand. What a blessing that he slipped away in his sleep so peacefully. That's so comforting. It's okay to cry and cry a lot, and it's also normal to not feel like it's hit you yet. You impress me, that you could carry out all of the details. I love the pics you posted. Your fur-kids really love him. Prayers for your mom, for you and your family, and for all that you'll be dealing with this week. You're in my thoughts tonight.

:grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest Meredith

It'll sink in when you least expect it, and probably at a very inconvenient time. But that's the way grief is - unpredictable, in its own time....

I'm so sorry for your loss -- the pictures of your dad and your pups tell so much about him. He looks like a very kind man, and I'm sure your pups have good judgement, since they don't seem to share the couch with just anyone!

{{{{Kari}}}}

Guest skinnydog

It hasn't been that long since I lost my dad - September 28, 2005. I wish I had answers for you. Please PM me if you need anything. I'm so sorry.

Marti

PS - I'm sure our dads are at the bridge talking about their kids and "those damn dogs" - while feeding bridge babies cookies.

Guest Greymom

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in June of this year after an illness and it still hurts. Everyone tells me that it takes time, but I miss him so much.

Remember the good times, and know that he is at peace now. :grouphug:f_white

Edited by Greymom

I'm so sorry Kari :( I know how it feels to lose your Dad. My parents were divorced for many years and deep down they really did want to be together. After my Mom died my Dad died on her birthday 8 months later. They were cremated and I have them both together in my home. Please remember the happier days.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Oh Kari I am so very sorry. Even when you know it is coming the pain of loss is still unbearable. I know, I went through it with my Dad 23 years ago. If there is anything I can do or anything you need, do not hesitate to ask, please. Keeping you in your family in my thoughs and prayers at this very sad time. :f_red:f_pink:f_red