Sweet Edie Lee

Guest greygirl25

Guest greygirl25

Dear Edie,

I remember the day we met you. You were a bounce, times 2 or 3 or 5. You absolutely hated riding in the car. Hated it! And everybody in Salem knew it too. But the acre, that was a whole new ball game and it quickly became your queendom. You found your treasures, you loved your stuffies, fresh fallen apples from the trees, and recycled dog food. You were Karen's first experience as a foster and you taught her well, she failed. You came to us as Shadow, your racing name was Shallow.

edie2.jpgedie4.jpg

When Karen knew you were a permanent edition, she renamed you Edie after her all-time favorite singer Edith Piaf. Little did we know that you would spend your next years as the Greyhound Gardens choir leader. Everyday I looked forward to the low trill in your throat that got louder and louder and eventually you coaxed everyone to join in. Rooings are daily treat around here for Karen and I, and you my sweet girl led the choir.

Your favorite throne was our bedroom, and there you remained content.

I heard you cry last night. At first I thought you were impatiently demanding your dinner, I went to tell you it would be soon. When you crawled to me dragging your hind legs I knew we were in trouble. Karen and I got you to the e-vet as fast as we possible could, but you were already on your way to the bridge. We hoped you heard us when we told you how much we loved you and how much we'll miss you. Your beauty, your grace, your trill. You had all of the right stuff.

edie3.jpg

Good night sweet one. We love you.

Your mommies, Karen and Terri

Oh, and Edie honey, you got the last laugh. Can you imagine what the vet and her techs thought when Karen and I drove up in the old Volkswagen bus with tears streaming down our faces and our matching jammie bottoms?

Edited by greygirl25

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink The chorus just got better in heaven.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I am so sorry for your loss. You were there for the best parts of her life.

Edie Lee is an angel now.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry :grouphug

You wrote a lovely remembrance.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so very sorry! :grouphugf_yellow Run free, Edie. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Karen and Terri,

I'm so very sorry for the sudden and unexpected loss of your precious Edie. She was blessed to share your home and hearts, and knew love and safety in your care. And yes, heaven's chorus just got better. :heart Godspeed, sweet girl...

:bighug:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Run free sweetheart...run with the wind. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Edie. She was so blessed to have had a loving home and the wonderful life that you two gave her. I'm sitting here sobbing my eyes out over her. May God heal your broken hearts.

Guest Greymom

What a beautiful and loving tribute; I have tears streaming down my face. Run free sweetie. You were loved deeply, and will be greatly missed. Heaven must have needed another angel. :grouphug:f_white