Goodbye Little Vincent

Guest greys4life

Guest greys4life

This morning little Vincent has crossed the rainbow bridge and left us to join his guinea family and roam free at last.

I will never forget the day our neighbor back home in Bavaria, Germany, started ringing our door bell like crazy on New Year's eve, saying his German Shepperd had found two little guinea pigs in the middle of the dense Grafing Forest far away from any hiking trail or even street. He knew I was active in animal rescue and that I had already 3 guinea pigs and just lost "Little Adonis", my little special guinea boy. I packed up my carriers and my fiancee (now DH :-)) and ran out looking for these little critters. It was getting dark, there was lots of snow and more to come and it was below freezing and I was worried and angry. What kind of person puts such a vulnerable little animal out in the woods in the middle of nowhere to die?

We found them quick, scared and panicked beyond believe, very weak and nearly starved to death, their long hair full of knots and dirt. We brought them home, bathed them, fed them, gave them water and I carried them under my sweater until they finally were warmed up enough to get in the extra cage I had at home and rest. After the holidays they went to the vet and got checked and got some vitamin shots and a couple weeks after that the two shy 1 year old (estimate by the vet) brothers were neutered and slowly joined my at the time already 7 year old guinea family, with Vincent always being the weaker and shy one.

7 months later, they moved with me to Florida where DH and I got married and after a year they moved with us to Chicago. By now, the over 7 year old seniors had passed away and the two little ones were still with us.

Vincent, I hope I could give some of the trust back to you that you lost and make up for some of the trauma you endured in the beginning of your life. I tried, although we never got as close as we could have, you were too shy and we were so busy with the dogs and the cats and the moves and life. I am sorry that I did not spend more quality time with you. I wished I had. The time we did have was fun and I will never forget you. I know Scoop will miss his brother dearly being an only guinea now. I promise we will keep him lots of company and Sylvester (the cat who wants to be a guinea pig) will cuddle with him until he will join you.

In the meantime,know you were loved and give big guinea kisses to Cotton, Viking, Little Adonis, Tanner, Little Wing, Poppy and Pandora. They will take care of you, my little runt. Mommy misses you all.

Guest KaseysMom

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Vincent. Thank you for rescuing him and the others and giving them a forever home.

God's little creatures are all so precious. :heart:heart

:grouphugf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow:grouphug

:( I am so sorry. Run free sweetheart. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Godspeed, Vincent.

Hugs to all your family who is missing you so.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greymouse

How wonderful that you found them and gave them a wonderful life.

I'm sorry that you have lost Vincent. I'm sure he was a sweet little guy and he was grateful for the life you gave him.

:f_white