The Tail Of The Paintbrush

scullysmum

I just wanted to share with you the tale of Scully's tail, which was known as "the paintbrush".

It all started when he was less than a year old, I was sitting on the front steps of the very grand Georgian mansion that my former employer owned, I was chatting to her two Grandkids as they were petting the Boyz, and I picked up the end of Scully's tail which had the most perfect white tip and pretended to paint with it on the wall of the house "SCULLY WOZ ERE!" :P The kids thought it was hilarious for Scully to paint grafitti on the front of the house ;):lol so henceforth his tail came to be known as "The paintbrush"

The paintbrush was always pristine, even when we had been on a muddy walk it still came home spotlessly clean. Scully would often lay on the sofa next to me with his tail towards me and I would pick it up and stroke my face with it :blush , his tail hardly ever wagged but it always stood out because of his beautiful paintbrush :)

On the day that we lost our sweet Scully Wully, as soon as we had recieved the call from the Vet we rushed up to the surgery to say our goodbyes to him :( he had lost so much blood during his surgery and the room and he was covered in blood, the nurses did their best to clean up but didn't want to keep us from seeing him too long so they covered him with a surgical drape so that just his head and his tail were showing. I kissed his sweet face over and over again :cry1:weep....I didn't want to leave him, I just wanted to bury my face in his soft warm fur and stay with him forever....but I knew I had to let him go, I said goodbye and sorry one last time and turned to leave, DH stopped me and said "don't forget to say goodbye to the paintbrush"...I picked up his tail and kissed the white tip, it was still pristine snow white....the vet nurse who had stayed with us to answer any questions had kept her professional composure very well but at this point she broke down and wept :(

I miss you my angel boy and I miss your perfect paintbrush.

70e743c9db8d1b647fee745c55a14a32.jpg

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I weep with you :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Jennifer4719

Such a nice story. Xena has a white tip on her tail too, and now after hearing your story, I will always think about it when I look at her tail!! :)