The Service Grey Has Passed

Guest CygnetC

Guest CygnetC

After I got out of work I found a message on my phone from his owner. The ultrasound showed that he had a large mass in his abdomen that was pressing against his spine. They put him down this afternoon.

Unfortunately I don't know much more than this as the message was short and she asked that I not call her back until tomorrow so that she could have some time to collect herself.

With a heavy heart she will be looking for a Ridgeback from rescue. She said that she would prefer to wait a while, but Finn is what allowed her to be a functional human being and she has to begin to train another dog so that she can continue to live on her own. She cannot bring herself to get another Greyhound.

I will try to update after I speak with her tomorrow. This is just so sad :( This boy did so much for this woman in the 8 years that she lived with him. Who knew this 1 year old 100 pound crazy dog would spend his life being the only reason that this woman could live without assistance. He did good. Rest well, sweet Finn, rest well.

How very sad. :( Poor fella was quite ill. Please extend my heartfelt condolences to his "mom" for her tremendous loss of a friend and helper. :grouphug Godspeed, precious Finn... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry. When I saw your first post, I had so hoped it was just a nasty virus and with some fluids and rest he would be fine .... My heart goes out to his person, that she has lost such an amazing friend and helper.

Finn, please kiss the angels for us.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Godspeed sweet Finn. My deepest sympathy...run free until you meet your Mommy again... :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please extend my condolences to Finn's human. To lose a pet is beyond devestating. To lose a part of yourself, your life like this, I cannot imagine. You were a very good boy Finn. Watch over your lady. :f_white

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves