Post About Your Bridge Babies...

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

My sweet Star...you were only with us for 10 precious weeks. You were my first senior adoption. You were the first greyhound I ever lost. I am honored to have shared a small part of your life with you. I can picture you running at the Bridge...happy and pain-free.

star_relaxed.jpg

Burn bright, shining Star...you are loved, and you are missed....

Kali...I never met you, but you ignited a passion in your dad's heart the burns to this day. He tells me wonderful stories about you and your wonderful greyhound spirit. You are the reason your dad does all that he does for greyhounds. Your spirit lives on through him...and every hound that touches our lives. I wish I could have known you. I know you were a very special girl...

kali06.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you posted this....I just had a bizarre dream about Rascal last night that I vividly remember....

There isn't enough space here to say how much Rascal meant to me. He was a true soulmate of mine. If I were a dog I would have acted exactly as he did and vice versa. He was my first dog as an adult and during our time together there were so many truly funny times. There were some tough ones too. But through the illnesses of his we only grew closer. But he was never like a child/dependent he was always a partner it seemed.

I miss you so....

post-2841-1130725597.jpg

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest ProudGreyMom

Benny is not a grey, but he is the reason I got into Greys in the first place. When he got on in years, our vet suggested a gentle friend for him so DH and looked in Greyhound adoption. Here is my sweet bridge boy, Benny the beagle, who I probably think of everyday:

960586c2f8b23607ee6dd0e97a082bb2.JPG

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I have a lot of dogs at the bridge.... But Harley was my heart dog... I miss him everyday.

Like Benny the beagle... Harley wasn't a greyhound but was the reason I got a greyhound. His arthritis meant he needed a gentle hound to keep him company.

Harley was sooo funny and quirky. He was my neurotic boy with a heart bigger then Texas... Anyone that met him changed their minds about pitbulls.

I miss how he made me laugh... and I miss the security he gave me being a single woman who lived alone.

Sometimes I think I miss his snoring the most.... it lulled me to sleep for many years!

:P

there is just too much to say about my Bailey...when I think of her, I think of her at her happy place, which was the beach in Gloucester, MA. we moved there after my Dad died and it was a healing place for me and just heaven for Bailey. we'd been so many places together...she loved to travel. this is how I like to remember her...dancing on the beach :)

2175dancing_on_beach.jpg

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest fastdogs

James was our first grey. He stole my heart the moment I set eyes on him in the kennel. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of him. I can't believe he was with us for only 2.5 years. Our favorite time together was Sunday afternoons on the couch watching football. He was a major snuggler. I love my bridge boy and miss him dearly.

post-6437-1165333981_thumb.jpg

Edited by fastdogs

Guest greysonly

My sweet Vinnie he was with me only 1 year and 9 months. I miss him soooooo much. He used to take the mail in everyday. It was the cutiest thing. He would wait by the back door and grab the mail out of my hand take it into the living room and drop it in the middle of the floor. Then he would come back for my purse. Even when he had his leg amputated (bone cancer) he still would take the mail and my purse in for me. There is sooo many other things I miss about him. I loved him so much. I can't wait to see him again. :brokenheart

3Fudgie_s_crazy_look.jpg

Fudgie.... I miss him so much, sometimes saying his name out loud still makes my eyes burn with tears.

Some very special friends on GT sent me an incredible Tami creation... the Fudgie Trellis. I have it in my livingroom for the winter.... I sit and stare at it often. I feel like he's part of that and it feels good to have it in the house. I've wondered a few times if I will actually part with it to put it outside... I've gotten a lot of comfort having it in the room I spent the most time in. Just a glance away from me.

3fudgie_trellis.jpg

Fudgie was just too funny for words. So quirky :inlove My DH has said 100 times that Fudgie was so lucky he ended up in our house, because he couldn't imagine anyone else could handle him :lol

I created a thread all about Fudgie a few months back. I like to re-read it. He was really something :) I love him.

3Dutch_Bahama_Eyes.jpg

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

Guest greysonly
3Fudgie_s_crazy_look.jpg

Fudgie.... I miss him so much, sometimes saying his name out loud still makes my eyes burn with tears.

Some very special friends on GT sent me an incredible Tami creation... the Fudgie Trellis.  I have it in my livingroom for the winter.... I sit and stare at it often.  I feel like he's part of that and it feels good to have it in the house.  I've wondered a few times if I will actually part with it to put it outside... I've gotten a lot of comfort having it in the room I spent the most time in.  Just a glance away from me.

3fudgie_trellis.jpg

Fudgie was just too funny for words.  So quirky :inlove  My DH has said 100 times that Fudgie was so lucky he ended up in our house, because he couldn't imagine anyone else could handle him :lol

I created a thread all about Fudgie a few months back.  I like to re-read it.  He was really something :)  I love him.

3Dutch_Bahama_Eyes.jpg

1725181[/snapback]

That trellis is real nice. I probably wouldn't put it outside either. That was real sweet of your friends. It helps when you have friends that understand what it is like losing a dear furry friend.

I think about Emily and Beatrice every day of my life. It amazes me how even three and a half years later, thinking of Em can make me cry, and having only lost Beatle a short while ago, that pain is still so fresh as well. We lost them both so suddenly--I don't know if my heart can ever truly heal. I'm so thankful, though, for the time we had with each of them, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world; I only wish we'd had more of it.

680comp_miss_em.jpg

680b3_447_x_570_.jpg

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post pics...but I just lost Sable 10/20 to mega-esophagus (she's my avatar) and I lost Spade (in my siggy) 2/23/03 after just having him 9 months. It still pains me to think about him. At least I know he was there to greet Sable when her time came. Spade was only 7 and Sable was almost 9. Spade just turned 7 on 2/11/03 and Sable would have been 9 Nov 14. I had another dream with him in it last night. Weird I dreamt about him and Jack, but not my current Spade. strange.

The tears are flowing so easily as I read this post. My love, my heart outside of my body was and always will be Skye who I lost this August to OS. I was finally able to put a picture of her on my desk, but still not ready to post her to here, because I just spend too much time here and well, I am just not ready.

I remember the first weekend I got her and she and I took a ride on the ferry from CT to Long Island, NY and she wouldn't climb the stairs to get her on the ferry. She and I were holding up the line and she so knowingly looked into my eyes and I said outloud "you have got to be kidding me" and so I picked her up and carried her up the stairs. She just sighed and rested against me, she just knew I would always take care of her, little did she know it was always the other way around.

I want to post more, but I can't. The pain is still so raw, so real and so very unbearable at times I still can't believe that I have survived this long without my very best friend by my side.

I love you Skye. You deserve a beautiful tribute, but mommy is still too weak to be able to type something you would be proud of. Soon baby, soon.

I just loved her. She was mine, I was hers and little else mattered to either of us.

Be happy and healthy Skye. I miss you so very much and think about you with every rustle of the wind, every ray of sunshine, every drop of rain that I feel against my cheek, I know it is you reaching out to me, comforting the emotions that are still raging so angrily inside of me.

I miss you and always will.

Mommy :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Guest shirley

I don't personally have a bridge baby but two of my foster babies are there. To Snow my first foster greyhound, how easy you made it for me and how easily you fell in love with my girls. To wonderful, beautiful Cindy who was also taken suddenly I look at your picture all the time. I miss you both and think of you often. :wub:

My little white girl Snow

snowbrooke.jpg

Queen of the roachers Cindy

longroach2.jpg

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

I have so many dogs waiting at the bridge, but:

Chip was the first greyhound we adopted, and the first we sent to the bridge.

He taught us so much about greyhounds, I never understood how he coulc have bounced 3 times before landing with us.

Chip you handled us building a house and moving and you never even acted like it was an adjustment for you, you took it all in stride.

There is not a day that goes by that when I see a squirrell I think of you. I think of the time that you walked into a telephone pole because you were so intent on watching the squirrel on the power line.

There are so many memories that come flooding back it makes my heart heavy.

I miss you Chip. Run free sweet love, run free.

Til we meet again.

yimmielick.jpg

glamorshot.jpg

chippokie.jpg

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

Guest trevdog

Trevor left us two years ago today; he was my heartdog. I still think of him a lot, especially when I see a rainbow at my house.....

Watch over your family, Trev. The boys sometimes need looking after....

55709c078d1e9853b37e8f2d4239bf03.jpg

Always in our hearts until we meet again.....

2e9692b888cb6f11f03d055a79b50405.jpg

Trevor Kane 1/12/91-11/03/03

Guest vwagner1

2942008_5-med.JPG

Here is my Kimmie. Just lost her in August. I miss her so much. I hate the disease that took her away from me but I celebrate the time I did have with her. It still hurts a lot. Love you sweet girl!

Guest myfourbabies

I'm afraid I still cannot post photos, sorry!

I have three babies waiting for me at the Bridge. Cassie and Trixie, two beautiful Whippet crosses, who were to be put to sleep until I rescued them, so funny and cute, both seniors, we had 4 happy years together and I still miss my 'girlies' so much.

Angel, my first Greyhound, who had a habit of greeting female visitors by sticking her head up their skirts! Cruelly taken from us by OS aged 7 after only 3 years together she will always be in our hearts.

Run and play free of pain my girls, until we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Mummy and Daddy.

:gh_run

Guest sweetgsmom

jesseandmisha.jpg

The brindle in the pic is our Jessie aka, Climbing Ike. He was my first, he will be with me always. It has been 4yrs 8months he has been at the bridge. he was the most loving soul I have ever known.

Right after we adopted him, I came down with cancer, he was with me through all the Chemo and Radiation. He kept me going, he slept with me stayed by me, knew whan I wasn't feeling good and gave me kisses. I love him like no other!

4yrs 2 months ago he was diagnozed with lung Cancer. We did all we could but it wasn't good enough. God wanted another Angel. So Jessie went. He will always be my special Angel. God sent him to me when I needed him the most, and then he took him back. I know he will be waiting for me, and all his brothers and sisters.

Mom loves you! You are always in my heart.

My sweet Boy Jessie Forever loved...

There isn't a day that goes by I don't think of my precious Howie who was my first grey. I can't even type this for the tears are still coming so hard just looking at all the pictures and reading all the other posts. He was just a baby when God decided he needed another angel. Howie came down with systemic lupus and I lost him so quickly. He ate my furniture,walls,steering wheel, you name it, he chewed it. I didn't care. I loved him so very much and I was fornutate to get such a beautiful rainbow from him one day when I asked. "Somewhere Over The Rainbow' we will meet n greet again. Howie taught me the meaning of compassion and unconditional love. I have his ashes to be buried along with me. It is so wonderful to have all of you who really do understand. :grouphug:gh_run Thanks sweet Howie for sending me Nike. I just love and adore him and through you I met so many wonderful friends on this site.

Guest DotsALot

I don't have any greys waiting at the bridge for me... but reading this thread brought tears to my eyes. It makes me think of my precious girls, and the fact that they will some day leave me for the rainbow bridge. Oh, all these tears & I'm not even PMSing! ;) Thank you all for sharing your precious pictures and heartwarming stories about those that touched your lives. In turn, you have touched my heart.

I lost my Kki this year Oct. 3. She had the sweetest smile and the most regal look. She came to us in poor health, kidney failure, intestinal track damage, heart murmur and congestive heart failure. She was not expected to live past 6 months, but she lived for almost 2 years. Will officially decided we would keep her on my birthday as a joke I said "great for my birthday I got a pissing dog". She was the best birthday present and brought so much love!!!

I will never forget no matter how much she was hurting she hated to be left behind on a walk so we took her.

She started as a special needs foster and my husband was won over in a week, but he never told me, I was still trying to adopt her out!!!

She was my husband's dog, she would sigh if you sat next to her on the couch. The longer you did not pet her the louder her sigh got. MAN WE MISS HER!!! :crying:crying:crying

1e5e9bc1f122c37ec465c440bfe7d883.jpg

39456158032de25fba2f3a72c63cf804.jpg

My sweet Belle went to the bridge at a very very young age only 3 yrs old. I have seen my other non Greys Ellie and Abby go to the bridge as well. Its always tough but they are never forgotten..

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie