Mocha 7/7/91 -- 10/25/2005

Guest g8rvet

I got up at 4am this morning because I could have *sworn* I heard her nails clicking on the tile as she walked down the hall telling me she needed to go out..... :crazy

I still hear her quiet whining once in awhile -- and I am procrastinating vacumming the carpet because her hair is still here! How nuts am I???

I feel so terribly guilty............ because they walk in there with you not knowing a single thing about what is going to happen to them.... just blindly trusting you to keep them safe...... she was licking my face as I was sitting there sobbing like she was trying to tell *me* that it was ok and there was nothing to be afraid of....... if only she knew -- she would never have walked in there willingly...... never...........

1718165MochaKids10-25-2005All.jpg

Mere -- I am finding it terribly hard to read your poem without losing my composure...... thank-you again.

Edited by g8rvet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry.

:brokenheart:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

We had to put my beautiful girl to sleep last night...... she had been fighting chronic renal failure for too long.  I wanted to stop before she quit 'having fun anymore'.............

1716469[/snapback]

Exactly right. There is no reason for you to feel guilty.

In a way, there's no "right" time to let a beloved one go, is there? There's no "right" time. There's only "too late." Sometimes, circumstances don't let us be anything but "too late." Your circumstances, and your girl's, were better than that. You got to choose, and from what you are saying, you chose well for her.

I'm sorry that she had to leave, and that you are hurting so badly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I feel so terrible for you. I'm sure you've had to counsel people time after time with the guilt they've had about putting their beloved pet down. I'm sure you say that is the greatest gift that we are able to give to them, and you just need to keep telling yourself that, too.

Like you said, I'm sure she was kissing you letting YOU know that it was OK. She knows that eveything will be fine, and she'll just wait patiently for you until it is time to meet again.

You have 4 unbelievably beautiful kids. What a great gift for them to be able to learn all about love at such a young age. I really have always felt that kids learn "all" about emotions from their animals.

Tamara,

I feel so badly for what you are going thru at this moment.

All of us have experienced those feelings of guilt when we had to make this most

difficult of decisions. And bringing our beloved greys to the vet for that last trip was very

painful. There are always the doubts, the not wanting to say goodbye, the knowing these

would be your last moments with them. The first week seems to always be the worst.

But as your heartache eases a bit you will be able to focus on the wonderful years you had

with Mocha and your loving relationship with her and your family. She was just a stunning

girl and the photos you posted show what a happy and content home you made for her.

My heart goes out to what you and your beautiful family are feeling. May you find comfort

soon for your pain and grief.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Mocha is back home with us -- I picked up her cremains today..... :brokenheart

We have two relatively large (26" tall) greyhound statues that we keep on either side of the fireplace..... now that Mocha is gone I am going to use them as the 'urns' for her and Hershey (who left this world in Jan 2002 with a splenic lymphosarcoma)....

1720926HoundStatues.jpg

This way we can pat them everyday and tell them they are 'good hounds' :)

I am so very sorry. Run free and healthy once more at the Bridge sweetheart. My deepest sympathy. Oh how the heavens are graced with such a beautiful Angel. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My heart goes out to you. Never feel guilty about what needed to be done-you were keeping her safe & free from pain. They trust us to do that for them-the hardest job in the world. Hugs.......Carol

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

I am so sorry. :candle Yes, we understand all too well. :grouphug

It's our responsibility to keep them safe, well and happy for as long as we can, and then to love them enough to know when to let go. We all share your sorrow. :brokenheart

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Tamara,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures with us. It's really comforting when they come back to visit, isn't it? We had a couple of visits from our CoCo when she first left us.

Know that you did the very best you could, and that it was better to let go than to hold on selfishly and let her suffer.

:f_pink

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest KeesMom

I'm so sorry. I did the same thing this past June. Even though it's probably for the best, it never seems like the right thing. My condolences. :crying Thinking about my Kozi still brings tears to my eyes.

post-9697-1131063450.jpg

Everyone -- thank-you again for all your replies.... it means the world to me!

She is home with us -- and my kids keep asking how on earth she fits into such a small box! :eek:

When we move into our new house I will find her and Hershey some more permanant 'digs' where we can pat them and talk to them without blubbering like idiots.

It still hurts and the house seems SO LONELY when I get home everyday..... it is amazing how much a warm hound body really brightens up a room and keeps the house toasty. :)

My baby girl..... :cry: