Mocha 7/7/91 -- 10/25/2005

Guest g8rvet

We had to put my beautiful girl to sleep last night...... she had been fighting chronic renal failure for too long. I wanted to stop before she quit 'having fun anymore'.............

I have had her since she was 4 -- and she has been one of the best dogs in the world. A total people hound -- she preferred the companty of humans to other dogs. She *lived* for lure coursing -- it was the only time we ever heard her bark! Affectionate and full of love to the very end -- always ready to lick your face with stinky love.

I guess I came here to find people who understand.......

I am a vet -- I do this all the time................. but this is different...... she was 'broken and I couldn't fix her' according to my 5yo daughter.

1717270MochaGirls10-25-2005.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. Mocha was a beautiful girl and part of your family. It never is easy to say goodbye, even it it is to spare them pain and suffering. You are definitely not alone and

we all understand what you are feeling. May you and your family find comfort for your heartache

and find healing in the wonderful memories of your sweet greyhound.

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest shadesofgrey

Sorry to have to welcome you to Greytalk on such a sad occasion.

We certainly do understand your loss, grief, frustration at "not being able to fix her". I can only imagine that as a vet, that could be even more difficult to swallow. Don't let any "shoulds" get in the way of your feelings. No matter how many times you've dealt with similar situations at work, etc. is is just not the same as losing one you love so much. Mocha was a member of the family and always will be.

My thoughts are with you. Mocha was a beautiful girl and she will always be with you in your heart.

Hugs to you.

:f_white:grouphug It is a very sad way to be introduced to the GreyTalk community, but you will find lots of wise words here to help you with your sorrow. I've never lost a grey, so I can only imagine the pain, but I'm sure as time passes you'll remember all the wonderful years you had with her. I'm sure you did everything and more that you could to help her. My heart goes out to you.
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest KaseysMom

My deepest sympathies on the loss of sweet Mocha.

Mocha was so beautiful. She always will be. That picture of her with your daughters takes my breath away. :wub:

May you find comfort here.

:grouphug:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug

Guest jeannejj

My condolences to you and your family for your loss. I know that in time the pain will be replaced by the joy of your memories of Mocha. It is the greatest gift of love, and the toughest, to let them go with dignity. But know Mocha is running healthy and happy at the Bridge. You will meet again.

Run free, sweet Mocha. Say hello to Mason.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest lakelandgreys
f_yellow I am so sorry for your loss. Your pupper was beautiful in so many ways by the photo you posted. You gave her the best gift of all...no more suffering. :grouphug

Bless you and your family, very sorry for your loss :( Mocha is stunning. It's never easy when it's so close to home, you know you did the right thing and now there is another beautiful shinning star in the sky. Moch please send a rainbow to let your family know you are ok, have fun at the bridge.....

Praying for all the missing greys!

What a beautiful baby. I'm so sorry for you loss. Take comfort in the fact that you gave her the best home possible and she loved you unconditionally. My prayers and good thought for you and your family. There is another beautiful soul in heaven tonight, looking over you and your family.

Godspeed Mocha. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest jettcricket

....I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby Mocha. She looks like my girlie Cricket. It's never easy is it? Know that you are not alone in your grief. :f_pink

Guest stocktonlakeguy

Sorry to read about your loss. She was beautiful, and obviously very much loved. I have all the respect in the world for the work you do. It can't be easy. And when it's one of your own animals.....I'm so sorry. :grouphug

I'm so sorry. :f_pink

Mocha was beautiful .. .I lost a lovely white girl to kidney cancer a while back. Such a horrible thing. We thought she just had age-related renal failure for a long while. :(

No matter if you're a vet, it still hurts when it's one of your own beloved dogs. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Valliejo2001

We do understand. Many of us on Gt have lost our beloved grey babies. I just lost my11 year old a week ago. I am so very sorry. She was such a beautiful little girl.

Darlene

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

Guest lotsahounds

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear sweet beautiful Mocha. Many of us here can certainly relate and share in your pain. It's never any easy thing to go through that's for sure. Take comfort in the fact that you did the very best for her and most importantly she knew she was loved.